Saturday, September 2, 2017

Pretty Wicked by Kelly Charron @SDSXXTours @KellyMCharron




Pretty Wicked
by Kelly Charron
Genre: YA Killer Thriller



The daughter of a local police detective, 15-year-old Ryann has spentmost of her life studying how to pull off the most gruesome murders
her small Colorado town has ever seen.
But killing is only part of it. Ryann enjoys being the reason the copsare frenzied. The one who makes the neighbors lock their doors andwindows on a hot summer’s day. The one everyone fears but no one
suspects.
Carving out her own murderous legacy proves harder than she predicted.Mistakes start adding up. And with the police getting closer, and herown father becoming suspicious, Ryann has to prove once and for all
that she’s smarter than anyone else—or she’ll pay the ultimate price.


Mature YA. *Some graphic content


This creepy novel places you inside the mind of a twisted teen killer,
which is even more unsettling because of how familiar and normal she
seems. Be prepared to leave the lights on and look at the people
around you in a whole new way.”
-Eileen Cook | Author of WITH MALICE


"Pretty Wicked is fresh, thrilling, and deeply haunting. I've never read
anything like it! The story escalates from page one and will leave
your pulse pounding as you wonder just how far Ryann will go. 5/5 stars."
-Tiana Warner | Author of Ice Massacre & Ice Crypt


Goodreads * Amazon





It was hard to pick my first.
Call me sentimental, but it had to be just right.
I knew what I wanted. What I needed. Someone worth the risk, the challenge. Somebody who
deserved it. Now, I’m not talking about the horrible, abusive assholes you see on TV. I wanted someone
who I thought deserved it…

And to be honest, that could’ve been just about anybody. Some people might think it’s odd to contemplate killing someone, but it was the most natural thing in the world to me. I didn’t dare talk about it—I somehow knew that much—but my thoughts raced with vivid, red-tinted images.
While my fantasies were fun, I had to wait. I still lacked the skill and organization to actually go
through with it.
And, as I matured, I realized part of me was still hesitant. A piece of the puzzle was missing. It was as
though I was waiting for permission. Something to give me the final push into action.
Funnily enough, I got that that clarity six years ago, when I was nine. My dad thought he was simply
giving me a ride to school, but he initiated the defining moment of my life.
I remember it like it was yesterday. He’d just come off nights and wasn’t in the best of moods when my
mom asked him to drive me and Bri. I’d raced to the car first, winning shotgun, leaving Brianna to storm behind me. She was a sore loser, and it only made my grin bigger.
We were just a few blocks from the house when Dad started with one of his commentaries on all that
was wrong with society.
“Jesus. People like that make me sick.”
We had stopped at a red light, and I spotted a guy standing on the corner with a sign that read Please Help. At first I felt kind of bad for him, and I didn’t understand why Dad was upset. “At least he’s not
dealing drugs,” I suggested.
“Brilliant observation. Maybe we could put that on a T-shirt for him,” Bri said. My father laughed

and my stomach dropped. She never wasted an opportunity to make me look stupid.




5 STARS


I loved this book!  Ryann is diabolically evil but all dressed up as a sweet, nice girl. The author provides glimpses into how the monster was created....but really she seems pretty normal.  Her devious mind is anything but normal though.  Ryann relishes her superiority and believes she is such a mastermind that she will never be caught.

This book is written in an engaging, easy to read style that provided a top-notch, unusual story that I was loathe to put down.  Ryann got under my skin from the first page and stayed there!

Reviewed by Laurie-J







Kelly Charron is the author of YA and adult horror, psychological thrillersand urban fantasy novels. All with gritty, murderous inclinations andsome moderate amounts of humor. She spends far too much time
consuming true crime television (and chocolate) while trying to
decide if yes, it was the husband, with the wrench, in the library.
She lives with her husband and cat, Moo Moo, in Vancouver, British
Columbia.
Follow the tour HERE
for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and a giveaway!

No comments: