What 10 things do you most enjoy?
1. Reading – I love reading and hearing books. I'm a big reader and have been book
Blogging for over 9 years at The Pen and Muse Book Reviews.
2. Movies – I love watching movies and going to the theaters with friends and family. I love watching animations, romance, action adventure movies.
3. Broadway – I love a good broadway show. I've been fortune to see many shows including Disney broadway, Rent, and Wicked.
4. Drawing and painting- Although I haven't done it in a while, I love to draw and paint.
5. Museums- Once of my favorite museums is the The Met in New York city. I can get lost among all the history and beauty.
6. Collecting – I love collecting various items such as funko pops, Disney Tsum Taums, Disney pins.
7. Getting my nails done – When someone take care of your hands and you don't have to worry about it. It's heavenly.
8. Traveling- I've only begun to travel recently in the past 2 years . I’ve been to England and Paris. I’d love to see Italy and Greece.
9. Exploring- I love rediscovering new places where I live and more.
10. Technology- I love new tech, new computers and stuff that make the world better. I was a software trainer for Apple for several years. So I love learning the new software and using it.
ABOUT THE BOOK
by Denise Alicea
GENRE: Sweet Romance/Time Travel
After Sarah’s grandfather passes away, it’s up to Sarah to pack up a lifetime’s worth of his possessions as she comes to terms with her grief. As she goes through his possessions, she finds a picture. The faded black and white picture seems innocuous at first, but something draws her towards it. As she studies the picture and the man inside it, she forgets her grief momentarily.
However, there’s more to the faded picture of a soldier in 1940s New York than she realizes, and soon she unexpectedly meets him—but he hasn’t aged a day. As they get to know each other, Sarah’s feelings begin to grow…
Purchase Fireworks: http://amzn.to/2bX8kj1
Hours later, a huge crash woke her up and she found herself sitting straight up in her bed. Moving the hair away from her face, she slowly crawled out of bed slowly and tip toed to the door. Before she opened the door, she grabbed the wooden bat gripping it firmly as she opened the door. Cursing under her breath as she hears the door creaking. Seeing a huge shadow in her living room, readying the bat in her hands Sarah swings it. Instead it slips her hands flying across the living room with a resounding ding.
“Grenade!” James shouted as he ducked hoping that his helmet and the object in front of him protected him. He looked again in the dark, why does this object look like a sofa. He huddles down to the ground and waits, but nothing happens. Slowly holding onto his helmet, he gets on his hands and knees only to be confronted by yellow eyes and a wet nose. It swipes and hisses at him, a cat! James falls back and hits a table, knocking a lamp into the floor. He turns around and sees it in pieces.
Cursing under her breath and no time to call the cops, Sarah charged at him in full speed. Jumping on him and punching him in the face. “Who the hell are you and why are you in my home?” Sarah yelled at the tops of her lungs. Blinking, James took a second after the punch to recover to look at his attacker. Who was this woman and where was he?
Grabbing her hands and holding back from his face, “I was fighting Nazis five minutes ago and now I’m. Where the hell am I lady?”
“You are in New York and how would you be fighting Nazi’s? It’s 2013 and I know Nazi’s still exist but not in the form you’re talking about. You got the wrong house buddy, so I suggest you get up and leave,” Sarah said getting up and walking away from him to compose herself. Why did he look so familiar? She found a good lamp, praying that it would turn on and it did. She could see this man a bit better. He looked like someone who came out of a convention.
James composing himself the best he could, stood up and could see all around him. He went from the battlefield and suddenly was in a place that looked like something out of one of those science fiction books he read. “This is some kind of joke,” he said standing up and looking around him, in a trance like he was in a dream. “This is all a dream and I’m going to wake up.”
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
Born to the great lively city of Manhattan, NY, and raised in quiet Connecticut. Denise started writing when drawing and painting were not enough. Deciding to try a new type of medium, she thought to start with poetry. After her first success and first reading at the age of fifteen. Her writing began to take on new life with her own worlds of fantasy, time travel, action, adventure and of course romance. She draws inspiration from her favorite childhood cartoons and experiences to her current day ones.
A member of Romance Writers of America and several of its chapters since 2005, Denise has won two awards for her short stories and several finalist nominations. She always finds the time to help others through RWA and also her book review blog, The Pen & Muse Book Reviews.
When not writing, Denise loves technology, reading (romance, YA, anime, nonfiction, fiction, Technology, Social Media) , watching movies and TV shows.
Purchase Fireworks: http://amzn.to/2bX8kj1
Fireworks will be $0.99 during the tour.
GIVEAWAYDenise Alicea will be awarding a $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
a Rafflecopter giveaway