What are your 10 favorite books?
My Top Ten books are …
1) The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emma Orczy – because this is the quintessential romantic suspense novel!
2) Emma by Jane Austen – because Emma is the classic clueless master manipulating matchmaker, and I’m the same way, always trying to fix my friends up with people while being oblivious to my own love life!
3) Gypsy From Nowhere by Sharon Wagner — because the first chapter always cheers me up when I’m down
4) Marvin K. Mooney, Will You Please Go Now? By Dr. Seuss – because I just love the idea of a children’s author being astute enough to realize that, sometimes, you just want people to go away for no real good reason!
5) If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon – because he’s a master, to me, of the twisting, winding, you’ll-never-see-it-coming plot
6) Rum Punch by Elmore Leonard – because this master of dialogue taught me that if you need to tell the reader how your character said something (i.e., he said sadly) then you don’t really know the “voice” of your characters.
7) I’ll Take Manhattan by Judith Krantz – because I read it when I was in the sixth grade, which was totally inappropriate
8) “Stand Back”, Said the Elephant “I’m Going to Sneeze!” by Patricia Thomas – because it always makes me think about what people do when the bad thing they expected to happen doesn’t happen.
9) Animal Husbandry by Laura Zigman – because that “new cow” theory is so true, it hurts!
10) Webster’s dictionary – because I love, love, love, finding new words!And, any book in the Trixie Belden series – because, and I may have a few stones thrown at me, Trixie is so much cooler than Nancy Drew!
ABOUT THE BOOK
by Rachel Woods
GENRE: Romance Suspense
Trying to rectify the mistake that unleashed his dark past, Sione runs to the rescue of a beautiful woman staying at his resort, saving her from a brutal attack … The sly beauty who doesn’t want a hero is no damsel in distress, considering the suspicious circumstances she seems involved in. He should stay away from the beautiful liar, but something about her makes him want to forget his doubts and do anything—even if it means relying on his violent instincts—for a chance to be with her.
Sighing, Spencer shook her head.
She wanted to explain why she’d decided to “date” Ben. She wanted to tell him she’d stolen from him because she was afraid of his feelings, and even more afraid of her own feelings, afraid she would lose herself if she fell in love with him.
But, would he understand?
Could she even explain it?
“So, Step Two is get close to the resort owner,” she said, rubbing her eyes, trying not to cry. “And then what? Get into his closet and steal from him?”
“I told you the favor won’t be anything criminal,” Ben said, an edge in his tone. “There’s no law against getting close to someone.”
“Just how close do you want me to get?”
“Close, but not too close,” Ben said. “When it’s all over, you have to be able to walk away, and not look back. You have to be able to turn your back on him, even if he’s bleeding on the floor, begging you for help.”
He seemed to be unable to resist trying to get under her skin, and this time, he’d gone too deep.
Deeper than the knife she’d plunged into his gut.
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
As a pre-teen, a young Rachel quickly tired of the Sweet Valley High Series and moved on to work by Sidney Sheldon, Jackie Collins and Dominick Dunne, which was just the spark necessary to fuel her love of writing. Her first stories were written on a Brother typewriter during long summer days in Texas, where she always had an extra typewriter ribbon and correction tape handy.
Rachel later studied journalism and graduated from the University of Houston where she published articles in the Daily Cougar. She is a freelance writer and blogger with a penchant for melodrama and a frequent traveler to beach locales. Many of her stories take place on the islands, which she has visited around the world.
Rachel writes complex, multicultural stories centered on strong women in jeopardy, fighting for love and their own lives. When not writing, this read-a-holic can be found listening to audiobooks, reading the Book of Jeremiah, or scouring soap opera blogs. Rachel resides in Houston with her three sock monkeys.
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/flawless-mistake-rachel-woods/1122559542
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/flawless-danger-rachel-woods/1124114150
Rachel Woods will be awarding a autographed print copy of Flawless Danger to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
a Rafflecopter giveaway