What are 10 items on your bucket list?
What a fun question! Thank you Laurie! Here is my list in no particular order...
1) Climb Mount Kilimanjaro: I saw an imax movie once about this and ever since then, it’s been a dream of mine. I would love to go with with my husband and my kids when they are older. It is Africa’s highest peak and has five different climatic zones with, each with its own plants and animals. It would be absolutely amazing to make it to the top.
2) Go on a Safari in Africa: I’m sure this is on a lot of people’s lists. For me, it’s the romance of it all. To see all of those magnificent animals in their natural habitat and to sleep in a cabin right in the middle of all of that splendor would truly be a once in a lifetime experience.
3) Spend a Week in An Overwater Bungalow on Bora Bora: Just me and my guy. Oh yeah...
4) Complete a 1500 meter Swim Non-stop: I attempted this once on a bet. I thought I had done it but I had my math wrong (lol). For some reason once I got in the water, I thought 25 laps was my goal instead of 30. I need to get back in the water and finish it. I should do it this month and get it over it.
5) Visit Machu Picchu, Peru: I would love to hike to the ‘lost city of the Incas’. I’ve seen it on several travel shows and I am always in awe of it. It is stunningly beautiful and would be a chance to connect with the ancient world.
6) Attend the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival: My husband and I love watching stand up and I think we would have a blast spending a few days in Montreal eating good food, drinking and attending the shows.
7) Donate $1 Million to the World Food Programme: This is my favourite charity. When our twins were born we asked for donations to the Red Cup Program in lieu of gifts. We wanted their arrival into the world to be a blessing for others, as well as for us. 93% of the funds you donate gets to those who need it. They feed a nutritious breakfast to children each morning when they attend school, giving them the motivation to go to school and the fuel for their brain so they can learn. I get a lump in my throat every time I think about it.
8) Attend Mardi Gras: I think I would love New Orleans - the food, the atmosphere, the people, the party.
9) Teach English in a Foreign Country: I would like to spend six months or a year living in an impoverished place teaching English and doing other volunteer work. I know I would come home having gained far more than I would give.
10) Take a year to travel the world with my family: Friends of ours are on an around-the-world adventure with their two boys. They have fold-up bikes to get them everywhere. What an amazing gift to their children - what they will know when they get home will be life-changing.
Thirty-one year old Claire Hatley is running from Seattle having just discovered that her live-in boyfriend has traded her in for a twenty-two year old hostess. Devastated and alone Claire must make a fresh start. She answers an ad for a chef at a guest ranch in Colorado Springs and finds herself face to face with Cole Mitchell, quite possibly the sexiest man to ever ride a horse. Common sense tells them to stay away from each other, but their attraction is not to be denied. He gives her a glimpse of what love should be, but just as she starts to trust him, the past comes back to tear them apart.
Join Claire and Cole as they embark on the stormy love affair of a lifetime.
(Oh…and for those of you with husbands/boyfriends, please tell them “you’re welcome” from MJ.)
Praise for Break in Two
“MJ Summers new release had me gripped from the very start. I really wasn’t expecting anything quite like this! A scintillating tale filled with all the erotic goodness you could ever want.”
~ Bestselling author Cliff Roberts
“What a tale! I loved it and my wife couldn’t put it down. This is one for the Kindle.”
~ Tim Northway – Bestselling author of Total Amnesia
“I loved every juicy second of this one!”
~ Julie Cooper Brown – Author of The Dead Live On
5 out of 5 Stars. The best book you will read all year!…A wonderful story that twists and turns and never lets up for a second, every page is a new experience, and I reached the end before I knew it… Setting the bar high with her debut novel, MJ Summers has all of the skills necessary to cement her name at the top of the ladder.”
~ Alex Laybourne – Author of Highway to Hell
Meet the Author:
MJ Summers currently resides in Canada, not far from the Rocky Mountains, with her husband, three young children and their goofy dog. When she’s not writing, she loves running, reading (of course),going for dinner with her girlfriends, swimming and camping with her family.
Goodreads author: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7302721.M_J_Summers
Goodreads book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18585911-break-in-two
a Rafflecopter giveaway