What are 10 items on your bucket list?
Below are my top 10 bucket list items. If you have experience doing any of these things, please tell me about it!
1. Take a trip to Ketchikan, Alaska. Do some salmon fishing and hang out in the local watering hole where I could get to know the local folks.
2. Drive an RV from Seattle to San Diego. I plan to take my time, stopping and exploring all the beautiful sites as I go.
3. Go to Denmark for a full hygge experience. I found the Little Book of Hygge very interesting and incorporated a lot of hygge into my life this past winter. Hygge: think cozy and comfortable with lots of wonderful homemade food, great books and music (NO NEWS!) I would love to spend some time with the Danes for an authentic experience.
4. Live in the Caribbean for one winter. Flexible on the island as long as it has a great beach for long walks, a quaint coffee shop and a beach side bar. A great novel would come to life during that winter for sure!
5. See the Northern Lights.
6. Visit Mallorca Island in Spain. I fell in love with the island after reading The Rocks by Peter Nichols. I hope it’s as lovely and quaint as he describes it in his novel.
7. Cruise the Caribbean with my family on a Barefoot yacht.
8. Hike and camp in Yellowstone National Park.
9. Own a lake house somewhere quiet with great hiking trails.
10. Learn to play the piano.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Blooming into Life
by Kristie Booker
GENRE: Women’s Fiction
Growing up on a farm in Brockville, Illinois, did not prepare Colleen O’Brien Adler to be the wife of a wealthy entertainment lawyer living in Chicago. It certainly didn’t prepare her to be Dinah Adler’s daughter-in-law. The stay-at-home mother of two has more than she’s ever wanted—a personal stylist, a prestigious country club membership, a multimillion-dollar home—but she finds herself not only struggling with depression and body image but also failing as a parent and fearing for her marriage. Her life is about to change when an invitation to a wellness meeting arrives in her inbox. With some coaxing from personal coach Kory Stone, she commits to a new beginning. But will she be able to overcome the things that are holding her back?
“After several weeks on the medication, some weight loss is expected,” Dr. Bradley had assured her. She had weighed herself that morning. After she removed all of her clothing, emptied her bladder, removed her ponytail holder, blew her nose, emptied her bladder again, spit until she had nothing left to spit, she finally stepped on her brand-new Weight Gurus smart body fat scale. The digital number was as hateful as it had been a week earlier. Dr. Bradley told her to be patient. Colleen felt she was running out of time.
She unzipped the beige garment bag that held her social future. The hand-stitched embroidered silver stars exploded against the dark silk fabric. The two-toned navy silk gave the illusion of wide stripes draping down the skirt of the dress.
“The A-line cut and the tonal stripes create a wonderful slimming effect,” the sales associate had told her. If Colleen could jam herself into the reserve Raina Rose, she was going to stand out. For once, she would be better dressed than Ashley Barr and Victoria Heller. That night, Fouth of July, would be the day of reckoning. She would let Jay and Dinah and the entire club see how beautiful she looked. She would finally be socially accepted within the country club circle, and then she would confront Jay about the woman in Los Angeles. Dinah would think twice about sending Colleen’s invitation late next year.
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
Kristie Booker is the author of Blooming Into Life, a blogger and a Wellness Coach. She enjoys coaching and inspiring women through her writing as well as in person. Kristie is a wife and mother of two sons. She grew up in rural Illinois, but now lives in Chicago.
Kristie will be awarding a $25 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
a Rafflecopter giveaway