Monday, October 9, 2017

Diving In by Kristina Mathews @goddessfish @KristinaMathews





GUEST POST

Why I write the kinds of books I do
by Kristina Mathews


Adventure
Sports
Romance

My books all carry these themes. My own real life romance has been quite an adventure and sports has been a big part of our life together. When I first met my husband of almost twenty-five years, he had these weird tan lines on his feet. I learned he was a whitewater raft guide when he wasn’t in school. He impressed me with tales of the river, and he showed me the magazine cover where he was featured as a Whitewater Warrior. It didn’t matter that the magazine was one of those freebies, I think it was for a car dealership.

As we dated, we went to football games at the University of Nevada, and baseball games at Candlestick Park. His dad had partial season tickets and we were young enough to be able to drive from Reno to San Francisco and back in one night. We went to 49er games, and took rafting trips with his older brothers. Our honeymoon was a road trip to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and Glacier National Parks. We took an anniversary trip on the Yampa River in Eastern Utah. We’ve done family river trips on the South Fork of the American, the John Day and Grande Ronde rivers. We’ve raised our kids at ballparks, National Parks, and the family cabin at the base of Mt. Shasta. As they got old enough, we took them on the river. Our oldest son is now a raft guide and our youngest is working on mastering the inflatable kayak.

I write what I know. Mostly. My heroes all have a sense of adventure, an athletic lifestyle, and a sufficiency of vitamin D from spending so much time outdoors. My heroines are more confident than I am, and probably more athletic. They are the women I’d like to be. Especially Fisher Jones. She’s way cooler than I’ll ever be. Stronger, smarter, and sassier. She’s not afraid of anything, except opening her heart. In that way she is like me, or the way I used to be.


I write Romance because I believe in hope and happily ever after. I believe that love is the ultimate adventure. My books are upbeat, fun, sexy, and sweet. My heroes and heroines are friends, lovers, and teammates when it comes to building a life together. 

ABOUT THE BOOK

Diving In
by Kristina Mathews


GENRE: Contemporary Romance


BLURB:

The sweetest revenge . . .

He’s the Swift brother who got left behind, the son abandoned by his father. Now Kyle Swift is a man determined to destroy the whitewater rafting empire built by the half-brothers he never knew, the Swift sons who got the life—and the love—he was denied. Seducing Fisher Jones isn’t part of his revenge, but sharing a bed with the beautiful whitewater instructor is the one bright spot in his otherwise dark plan. That is, if he manages not to fall for the sad-eyed beauty . . .

Fearless when it comes to facing even the most daunting river rapids, Fisher never takes chances with her love life—until the night she gets swept away by a sexy stranger. But when her one-night stand unexpectedly shows up in her whitewater class, Fisher faces her greatest challenge yet: keeping her heart safe from a man determined to put an end to the family business—and the life—she holds dear. . .

Buy Links:

Google Play  https://zurl.co/5rkQj
  

EXCERPT

“Here you go, a Strong Blonde for the strong blonde.” Randy set a glass of the local craft brew in front of her. It wasn’t her usual drink choice. She preferred a pale ale or an IPA after a long day on the river.

“I didn’t order this,” Fisher said with a smile.

“No. He did.” Randy nodded toward the guy on the end of the bar, who lifted a glass and flashed a killer set of dimples.

“Oh, okay.” Fisher felt heat creep across her cheeks. She took a sip and smiled at the stranger. He was kind of cute. No, he was very cute. Hot, actually. And he was walking toward her.

“Hi. I’m Kyle.” He offered a firm handshake. Warm, strong. Kind of tingly.

“Fisher.” She held up her glass. “Thanks for the drink.”

“Well, I wasn’t sure what to order, but then I saw you walk in and decided I was in the mood for a strong blonde.” He glanced down at her bare arms, well-sculpted from her years on the river. “And then I thought I’d try the beer.”

“Well, be careful,” Fisher warned. “Strong blondes can knock you flat on your back if you’re not used to them.”

“That’s what I was hoping for.” He grinned at her, lifted his glass, and took a long sip, not taking his eyes off her.



AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Kristina Mathews doesn't remember a time when she didn't have a book in her hand. Or in her head. But it wasn't until she turned forty that she confessed the reason the laundry never made it out of the dryer was because she was busy writing.

While she resigned from teaching with the arrival of her second son, she's remained an educator in some form. As a volunteer, parent club member or para educator, she finds the most satisfaction working with emergent and developing readers, helping foster confidence and a lifelong love of books. She proudly tells her students that she writes romance novels that they can read when they're older.

Kristina lives in Northern California with her husband of more than twenty years, two sons and a black lab. A veteran road tripper, amateur renovator and sports fanatic. She hopes to one day travel all 3,073 miles of Highway 50 from Sacramento, CA to Ocean City, MD, replace her carpet with hardwood floors, and throw out the first pitch for the San Francisco Giants.


Social Media Links







Buy Links:

Google Play  https://zurl.co/5rkQj




GIVEAWAY


Kristina will be awarding $25 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


7 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thanks for hosting!

Kristina Mathews said...

Thank you for hosting and introducing me to your readers.

Marcy Meyer said...

Enjoyed the blurb and excerpt. Thanks for the giveaway chance.

Victoria Alexander said...

Happy Monday! Thanks for sharing the great post :)

Ally Swanson said...

I have enjoyed following this book tour and look forward to checking out this book!

Nikolina Vukelic said...

I was really enjoying following this tour, thank you for all the great blog posts and excerpts!

Lisa Brown said...

I enjoyed reading the excerpt to get to know your book; congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win :)