Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Demise by Erica R Lomelino @goddessfish @EricaLomelino




INTERVIEW

Welcome!!  Thanks for taking time out to visit! I am so pleased to get this chance to find out a bit about you and your work. Does your significant other read your stuff? 

My fiancĂ© has not read my book yet but he promises too. He said he is trying to mentally prepare himself since he knows there is truth in the book. 


When in the day/night do you write? How long per day? 

Writing this book did come with challenges because I was working full time, going to school and taking care of my 4 year old daughter. I would mostly write on the weekends or if I had a day off during the week. I would usually write for a few hours at a time. 



What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? 

I would say one of my writing quirks is that I do voice to text first before putting it all into the computer. The words form faster this way allowing my ideas to flow better in my mind. Then when I put everything into the computer it gives me time to review and expand upon my ideas.


As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

I wanted to be a newspaper journalist. I told everyone after I graduated High School that I was going to move to New York to go to college there and become a famous journalist. Instead I fell in love with a military service member, married him right after High school and moved to Japan, traveled around the world getting stationed in many different places and finding a love in the banking industry. 



Anything additional you want to share with the readers?

Writing has always been a passion of mine. I love seeing words form on paper and when reading watching them come to life. Words can be so powerful and inspiring. I hope when people read my book that passion and fire come to life for them as well. While writing this book I wanted others to know they are not alone and that everyone has a war within them they are battling. It took a lot of strength to write this novel and so far the feedback from my readers has been amazing. Thank you everyone who has been there for this new and exciting journey and for anyone who has taken the time to read this inspiring story of love and grief. 


The Demise
by Erica R Lomelino


GENRE:   Romance


BLURB:

Elizabeth Woods and Ian Sweeten had a romance which sparked over a few months. Marriage followed, and with it the couple traveled around the world as he served in the military. After Ian’s deployment, overseas, their young love deepened into something more but with life comes complications, and what Elizabeth comes to realize is that her husband is battling his own demons. Mind games, deceit and abuse become part of the ways Ian seeks to control her. As she struggles to repair her marriage and get back to the love they shared early in their relationship, Elizabeth realizes that holding on to the man she loves may come at a price too high to pay.


EXCERPT

“My marriage to Ian started out how any young couple’s would start out. We were madly in love, excited, and had the world at our fingertips. But truthfully, I was scared—terrified.

“I was about ready to board a flight to Japan and leave my friends and family and the life I knew behind. My mother sat next to me in the waiting area at the gate. She was able to get a pass to get through security to wait with me. It was hard to look at her. Tears streamed down her cheeks. Her nose was red, and her eyes were swollen and puffy with dark circles underneath.

This was by far the hardest good-bye I’d ever had to do. I was leaving the safety of my mother’s arms, flying to a foreign country to live with a man that I’d only had a long-distance relationship with, all at the age of nineteen.”




AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Erica R Lomelino, lives in Jacksonville, Florida. In her free time, she enjoys the beach life, painting, reading, traveling and spending time with her daughter. She looks forward to developing her skill at writing and hopes to continue to write books that will put you on the edge of your seat. 





GIVEAWAY

Erica R Lomelino will be awarding a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

11 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thanks for hosting!

Lisa Brown said...

Congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

Nikolina said...

Judging by the excerpt, book sounds very intriguing, looking forward to reading it!

Victoria Alexander said...

Great post - I enjoyed reading it :)

Rita Wray said...

I liked the interview, thank you.

Ally Swanson said...

Congrats on the new book and good luck on the book tour!

Ally Swanson said...

Excellent excerpt! I really enjoyed reading it!

Ally Swanson said...

Just stopping by to say hi! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Ally Swanson said...

Where is your favorite spot to read?

Nikolina said...

Shared on G+ to help spread the word, have a great day! :)

Esperanza Garcia said...

Sounds like an awesome read! Wouldn't mind getting this one for my shelf.