Thursday, March 16, 2017

Conjuring Zephyr by D. Lieber @goddessfish








INTERVIEW

Welcome!!  I'm so excited to be hosting you and can't wait to find out a little about you and your work!  So let's begin.  🌝 What would we find under your bed?

My fold-up lap-table I write my stories on, a tennis ball my dog couldn’t reach, and a few empty water bottles.



Beatles or Monkees? Why?

The Beatles, obviously. They are more versatile, more talented, and have had a far deeper impact on music as a whole. That isn’t to say I don’t like the Monkees, but it’s really no comparison.

New York or LA? Why?

New York. I like having four seasons and the public transportation is better.


If I came to visit early in the morning would you impress me as being more like a chirpy bird or a grumpy bear?

I’m definitely a morning person. My brain starts running as soon as I get out of bed. By three in the afternoon, I’m pretty much useless, and I go to sleep before nine. I think I’ve made it to midnight on New Year’s Eve maybe three times in my life.

Describe what it’s like to be an author in three words.

Daunting, melancholy, and wonderful


Do you have a favorite quote, quip, or saying? What is it?

“Never fear quarrels, but seek adventures.” It’s the advice D’Artagnan’s father gave him before he left home for Paris in Alexandre Dumas’ The Three Musketeers. It always inspired me to not be afraid and do something daring, which generally goes against my cautious nature.



ABOUT THE BOOK



Conjuring Zephyr
by D. Lieber


GENRE: Fantasy Romance


BLURB:

Retreating underground to escape a devastating ice age, humans build a new society. When magic is discovered and harnessed for survival, the citizens of Terrenus establish theories and principles of how to use it.

Kai Stephenson is determined to prove magical principles aren’t set in stone. Having lost her younger brother in a tragic accident, she will ensure such accidents never harm anyone else. She enrolls at the most elite university to gain the knowledge she needs to achieve her goal. Overconfident that living as a boy at an all-boys university will only be a minor inconvenience, Kai is convinced her classmates will never discover that she’s a woman. After all, women aren’t capable of higher forms of magic, and her boyish figure certainly doesn’t hurt her disguise.

Hiding her true identity becomes a problem when her new friends start to awaken her repressed sexuality.


EXCERPT

He cleared his throat, and a bored expression slid into place. “I did well in that class. If you really can’t figure it out, I can lend my expertise.”

I smiled internally at his change in attitude. “I don’t know. Leif seems pretty confident. He will be a great tutor.”

His boredom shifted to disappointment.

“Still, you’ve already taken the class. If Leif and I need help, may we ask you?” I asked, not wanting to torment him longer. Smugness warred with boredom. I had to look away so I didn’t laugh.

Long fingers gripped my shoulders, and a face appeared close to mine over my left shoulder. A slight turn of my head revealed Des, way too close to me. “Aren’t we snuggly,” he whispered, breath hot in my ear.

I tried to shrug him off, but he held tight. His face blocked Ryn’s from my view. A look to my right showed three pissed off first-years. All three stood slowly; Reid was the one to speak. “You are going to remove your hands,” he growled.

“Why would I do that?” Des asked sweetly.

A pitcher of water from the center of the table hovered over to us and slowly poured itself over Des’ head. He shrieked and shoved it away. Flynn laughed uproariously, identifying himself as the culprit. Des turned his fury on Flynn, who ran from the room. Des followed in hot pursuit.


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

D. writes stories she wants to read. Her love of the worlds of fiction led her to earn a Bachelor’s in English from Wright State University.

When she isn’t reading or writing, she’s probably hiking, crafting, watching anime, Korean television or old movies. She may also be getting her geek on while planning her next steampunk cosplay with friends.

She lives in Wisconsin with her husband (John), retired guide dog (Samwise) and cat (Yin).

Links
Website: www.dlieber.com




Buy at:




GIVEAWAY


D. Lieber will be awarding a handmade bookmark (International Giveaway) to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.


a Rafflecopter giveaway



No comments: