Thursday, September 22, 2016

Love Painted in Red by Cristiane Serruya @goddessfish @CrisSerruya



GUEST POST
by Cristiane Serruya

4 reasons why I LOVE to write romances!
Hello Laurie, and thanks for hosting me. I’m so happy to be here with you and your readers today.
Since 2011, I’ve been immersed in the written word—penning romance novels, to be exact. The process of crafting and getting a work through the publishing machine—especially the indie world—can be a lonely and hard path but when my new imaginary friends walk out of my romances, they’re worth all of grueling pain I submit my wrists and fingers to. Here are four reasons why I have been hooked by love stories.

1. The characters
The men! Handsome or scarred, funny or brooding, overbearing or supportive. Dark-haired, blond, paled skin, tanned and everything in between! Now put them together with blondes, brunettes or red-heads; thin or curved or toned; opinionated and bold or delicate and shy! Oh, my!

2. I get to create stories
Imagine those said characters meeting over a business meeting, or on a car accident and the sparks flying over a heated argument or a nice gesture.
And then imagine them doing it. Yeah! And some revengeful ex-partner or dark secret, which threatens their relationship. I decide who loves and hates; who lives and dies! I can totally transform a person I know in a good or a horrible character. I can even take my revenge on the ones I don’t like much and create a whole new ending for a situation gone wrong. It’s freeing!

3. The research
Learning is a passion of mine. In order to create believable characters, research is necessary. For example, Tavish Uilleam MacCraig, the lead male character of Love Painted in Red, who appeared on my first release Entwined Fates, TRUST Series #1 and was supposed to be a secondary character, grew so much as a character during TRUST Series that he demanded his story to be told in Love Painted in Red. As it unfolded, I realized I didn’t want him being a war hero and a veteran just as a background for his love story with Laetitia. I wanted him to be a believable veteran dealing with PTSD and the readers to feel his pain. So I interviewed many veterans online. It was an enlightening and heartbreaking experience and it helped me make him he come out beautifully—or so I like to think—with his physical and psychological scars and yet full of life strength and vigor. Love Painted in Red is my homage to those who dedicate themselves to make this world safer.

4. The happily ever after
With all the horrible things happening in the world, unnecessary killings, religious and racial strife, it’s great to be able to escape to a world where my characters have survived bad things and are still able to find a fulfilling and healing relationship with a happy ending—and don’t forget the steamy sex I got to create. I’m in love with my characters even before I start writing. I was so immersed in Tavish Uilleam and Laetitia from Love Painted in Red that I needed a break before I jumped in the skin of Lady ChloĆ© and From the Baroness Diary: The erotic escapades of Baron Beardley’s wife, on pre-order on Amazon, release in September 13th, 2016!

Last, I want to share some good news. All my ebooks are on KindleUnlimited, so visit Cristiane Serruya's Amazon Page and read them for free!
Those who want to receive my very, very sporadic emails about new releases and promotions can sign-up here: Cristiane Serruya Website. To be part of my Street Team: Cris's Street Team

Thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts here and helping me promote my work, Laurie.


 ABOUT THE BOOK

Love Painted in Red
by Cristiane Serruya



GENRE:  Romance


BLURB:

Tavish MacCraig, thirty-three-year-old Highlander, forsook his medical and military career, after being a POW for 6 months in Afghanistan, to run his family’s internationally renowned art gallery in London, The Blue Dot. Despite being surrounded by wealth and beauty, Tavish’s days are bleak, his nights, living nightmares, and his heart, an empty shell. But when he meets Irish painter Laetitia Galen, a powerful and sizzling attraction ignites between them.

Laetitia, who fled hell on earth when she was sixteen, now works as a well-paid housekeeper in a forsaken country manor in Warwickshire and sells her paintings in an obscure gallery. To preserve her new life and recently found peace, she resists Tavish and The Blue Dot's fantastic offer of an exclusive contract.

Laetitia becomes Tavish’s obsession; Tavish, Laetitia’s unattainable dream.

Meanwhile, a man with a burning grudge plots his long-awaited revenge, which could destroy them all over again.


EXCERPT

Mallory Court Hotel
12:00 p.m.

“I trust you’ll find the food excellent,” he said, parking his car in front of a Lutyens-style main house, the epitome of a classic English country house.

After she had changed clothes and came to meet him in the studio, he had known she would capture the attention of all the men in Mallory Court. It was not that her dress was transparent, clingy, short, or even brand-new. Far from that. She was wearing a lilac turtleneck long-sleeve maxi dress with a large gray belt low on her hips and gray flat booties. The vintage outfit emphasized her youth and put his imagination on fire. He wanted to rip off her dress and devour her breasts.

He wasn’t quite sure what they had talked about or what had happened on the way to the hotel, as her sweet scent wrapped him in its flowery vine.

As he helped her out of the car, the warmth of his hands penetrated through her dress. She kept her hands on his shoulders when he didn’t let go of her waist immediately, striving to ignore how rigid and well formed his muscles were. Damn, Laetitia! Stop these thoughts. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Wee lasses tend to have a difficult time descending from my car in long dresses, unaided.” And man, I’ve developed an appreciation for wee lasses in long dresses.

She wanted to point out that everything would be wee when compared to him, but she just said again, “Thank you.”

He clasped his hands behind his back, lest he would pick her up in his arms and take her directly to a room. Focus on something else. “You have a lilting Gaelic accent. But you’re not Scottish, are you?”


   


AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Cristiane Serruya is Brazilian and lives in Rio de Janeiro, with her husband, two teenage daughters, and Loki, her Shetland sheepdog. She has studied in England, France, Italy, and Switzerland and graduated in Law, with a Master’s in Business Law, and a BA in Fine Arts. In 2012, she published her first romance, and is proud of the awards her novels have received.
She still works as a lawyer, but writing has become an essential part of her life, and a fulfilling adventure, as it allows her to make friends all over the world.





Links:



GIVEAWAY

Cristiane Serruya will be awarding a $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.




a Rafflecopter giveaway



Post a Comment