Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Alex Chronicles by Tracy Reed @goddessfish @readtracyreed



AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?

I like to write when it’s quiet.  My favorite time to write, is late at night.  At that time it feels like the entire world is asleep.  However, if I have the house to myself and I’m on a roll, I can easily be up until four in the morning.  At that point, I only go to bed, because I don’t want to sleep the day away. 

What is the hardest part of writing your books?

The hardest part about writing my books, is knowing when to stop.  I think that’s why started doing series, because it gave me an excuse to continue living with my characters.

Do you have critique partners or beta readers?

I use beta readers and they know I demand they are brutally honest.  I use beta readers, because that’s who will be reading my books.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned while writing your books?
How do you describe your writing style?

My writing has been described as Romance with faith elements. However, I tell people it Steamy Christian Romance.

Plotter or Pantser? Why?

I am a proud Panster.  I tried outlining, but when I sat down to write, I forgot about the outline.

Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

Yes, I listen to music when I’m writing.  I especially find it helpful with the love scenes.  I make  playlist based on different couples and when I get stuck, I head straight to their playlist for inspiration.

What book are you reading now?

I am currently reading a few things.  I’m finishing Pepper Winters’ series “Indebted”, Julia Kent’s “Shopping For A CEO” and Jasinda Wilder’s “Madame X”.   Plus, I’m proofing a book of poetry I have coming out later this month, Love Notes.

What are your favorite TV shows?

My favorite tv shows right now are, “Blacklist”, “Scandal”, “How To Get Away With Murder”, “Luther”, “Empire”, “Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta”, “Texas Flip and Move”, “Nashville”…I’m trying to remember what’s in my DVR.





The Alex Chronicles: What My Friends Don't Know
by Tracy Reed




GENRE: Contemporary Romance

BLURB:

Alexandra “Alex” Miller and her best friends are more like sisters.  They live by the code that a good girlfriend will stick by you and be honest with you not matter what. 

They’ve been friends over twenty years and have seen each other through marriage, divorce, broken engagement, death and other minor crisis.  But it’s the secrets they’ve failed to trust each other with.   Each of them is holding on to a secret they believe could destroy not only their reputation, but their friendship as well.

Alex and her best friends, Chloe, Taylor, Kendell and Dionne all long for one thing, a happy ending.  As they’ve gotten older, they’ve discovered, not everyone gets the fairytale happy ending they want, but the reality life has orchestrated for them.



EXCERPT

He stopped in front of us and my mind immediately filled with thoughts no good Christian girl should know anything about.  I wonder what he looks like wet and naked. I looked around hoping I hadn’t said that out loud.

“Hello, Taylor.” He smiled.

Oh God, did You recycle Barry White’s voice box and put it inside this beautiful package? My hormones and body went into a tailspin and I was ruined for any other man on this planet.

“Hi Moses. I’m glad you came.”

He kissed the back of her hand and replied, “Thank you for inviting me.  Good evening, I’m Moses Adair.”  He took my hand, turned it over and gently kissed it.  I think my uterus just flipped over.

Moses, lead me to the Promise land. “Alexandra Miller.”

“Are you the Alex?” He asked.

If I wasn’t, I was now. “Which Alex would that be?” I replied with a smile.

“The Alex I’ve been hearing people talk about all evening.”

“Depends on what you’ve heard.” I’m trying to flirt and that’s not something I’m good at. I wanted to tell him, “I’m whoever I need to be in order to keep talking to you.”

“Excuse me,” Taylor said and left us standing in the middle of the room.

“I heard a woman say she hoped the pink dress Alex was wearing would be available at the store, because she liked the way it...” He slowly looked me up and down. When his eyes met mine, he was smiling. I instantly recognized that smile. It’s the same one I had when I first spotted him. “...framed her face.”

I gave him the same smile he gave me. “Then, I guess I am that Alex.”


AUTHOR Bio and Links:


I am a single Christian woman who loves God, Fashion and Cute Guys. Not all women who write Christian fiction will admit to that.

The subjects I write about are considered taboo in Christian fiction. If you want to read about Christians dealing with unrequited love, apprehension to give love another chance, arranged marriages, physical attraction, divorce, annulment, controlling their urges, infidelity, abortion, dating younger men, being a single mother, slipping up and sleeping with your estranged ex, standing up for yourself, being honest about not liking your in-laws, still being attracted to your ex, battling postpartum depression, having challenges in your walk with Christ or if you aren't too proud to admit you sometimes get angry and yell at God, then you're in the right place. 

The people that read my books have a thing for designer clothes and accessories and aren't ashamed to admit it. To them a cute Christian guy on their arm is the finish to the perfect outfit. Sort of like lipstick, you don't have to have it, but it sure makes you feel prettier when you do.

WEBSITE:

BUY LINK:

BLOG:

TWITTER:

FACEBOOK:




GIVEAWAY

Tracy Reed will be awarding a $10 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a $10 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn host.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


No comments: