Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Separate Heaven by Alex Disanti @goddessfish @AlexDisanti



CHARACTER INTERVIEW

Character is Dominic Gianelli, an enigmatic man of immense wealth and power. Power which he wields quietly but effectively. His business acumen and influence is admired and respected in North America and in Europe. Nearing fifty, he lives by a strict code and allows few people to really know him. But a chance meeting with twenty year old Paige Hamilton forever changes his life.

Tell us about your family.


My heritage is Italian, my parents being the first in our family to come to the States. I have three sisters. Most influential in my life was my uncle, Carlos Disanti, who was married to Sophia, my father’s sister.  My father, Xavier Gianelli, is a good man but as a boy it was Carlos’ strength and the respect he commanded that drew me to him. The summers spent with him and his family had a lasting impact. 
 

What is your favorite meal?


Eggs with sausage and peppers is a favorite. Steak is always good!



What do you do to unwind and relax?


Spend time with my wife, Paige, on the Mallorca.  We enjoy sailing and the time away from the rest of the world. We have a ranch in Montana that is always a welcome escape.  
 
Who should play you in a film?


Chris Noth comes to mind, and I know for a fact he can handle my love of cigars.

What first attracted you to Paige?


Her beauty notwithstanding, it was her intellect and her innocence.  

What makes you happy?


My wife and our children provide the true happiness in my life. It is a happiness that I can trust, and one I never thought I would have. I lead a very complicated life. There are situations from which I can’t remove myself…situations that I felt were better served if I never married. But that was before I met Paige.  

Do your friends think you are an introvert or an extrovert? Why?


I have a plethora of acquaintances…very few I would consider friends.  But I am sure I am regarded by most as an extrovert.


What is something people would be surprised to know about you?



That I take no pleasure in some of the unfortunate tasks that come my way. To me, it is simply a matter of doing what is required to protect my family or to resolve a given situation.



A Separate Heaven
by Alex Disanti

GENRE: Fiction/Romance




BLURB:

Step into a world of riveting drama.  Enter A Separate Heaven, a story comprised of power, wealth, and romance, multifaceted characters, and complex relationships.  A novel by Alex Disanti.  From Long Island to the shores of the Mediterranean, this exciting series spanning twenty five years in the lives of the Gianelli and Hamilton families will hold you spellbound.




EXCERPT

On October 2, 1980, Dominic Gianelli entered the offices of Carson, Wiehls and Fullerton. A client for only weeks now, his arrival caused a flurry of activity among the staff.  Even the most experienced members of the investment firm were on edge. Henry Carson, owner and senior partner, was nervous and unsettled, completely out of character for him, but this was no ordinary client.

Gianelli was an enigma, recognized internationally in the business world and his accumulated assets were reported to be prodigious. Little else was known about him, although his penchant for two things, accuracy and privacy, had been evinced at their first meeting.  He seemed to have come on the scene quickly, yet his profile revealed more than twenty years of steady, well-planned acquisitions and disposals.  With as many European contacts as domestic, he was well respected here in New York.  After all, one did not ignore this kind of wealth and, therefore, power.

He was a big man, six-feet, three inches in height, 270 pounds. Immaculately groomed, he had brown eyes and short, dark, slightly thinning hair combed back from his forehead.  He seemed, by nature, a rather quiet man with low tolerance for the frivolous or inept.  He had an air of confidence that was not lost on those who met him.  Gianelli was a man comfortable with himself. When he entered a room, he owned it, and he knew it.









AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Alex Disanti lives in the Texas Hill Country.  While writing has been a lifelong love for her, A Separate Heaven is her first novel.  Early works were mainly poetry and short stories.  As A Separate Heaven progressed from thought to paper, friends and family began reading the manuscript.  Then, in an effort to test the marketability of the material, she enlisted the aid of what she calls her “test readers.”  These readers vary in age, occupation and background.  It simply grew from there.  Alex’s rich detail brought the characters to life, and the ensuing chapters could not come quickly enough for her readers.

Twitter:        https://twitter.com/AlexDisanti  
Website/Blog   http://alexdisanti.com



GIVEAWAY

Alex Disanti will be awarding a $25 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a $25 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn host.


a Rafflecopter giveaway


Post a Comment