Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Fairly Certain by Deborah Ann Davis (YA Fiction) @Goddessfish @DeborahAnnDavis




Fairly Certain
by Deborah Ann Davis


GENRE:  Young Adult Fiction


BLURB:

Petir takes a rough tumble in the Connecticut woods, but awakens in the middle of old England. His instinct to freak out is tempered by the arrival of a fair maiden wearing a bow...and arrow. Throwing caution to the wind, Petir decides he has nothing to lose by pursuing Maid Rianne. But when she is captured by the enemy, a geek with no ability to defend himself must find a way to rescue the fair maiden.


More Buy link options are at the end of this post



Exclusive Excerpt


“How dangerous is it for Maid Rianne to go to the fair?” asked Petir, his chest tight.

Mistress Molly pursed her lips, then answered in a light voice as she gathered her skirts. “Well, now. That all depend on whether she is caught, now, does it not?”

Petir grabbed her arm. “Caught? What would happen if she got caught?”

“I…I imagine she would e questioned as to where our camp is located.”

“And if she doesn’t tell them?”

“She would be taken to the sheriff.”

“And then what?” snapped Petir. “Can you just tell me instead of playing ‘Twenty Questions’?”

“Then all would be one for her. She would be returned to her betrothed, who has aligned himself with the sheriff,” she snapped back, shaking off his hand. “Satisfied?”

“Her betrothed is with the sheriff?” Petir was taken aback by both the news, and the odd roiling in his stomach. Of course Maid Hottie had a boyfriend. He was an idiot to not have considered it before. She’d be scooped up immediately in any realm. “Who’s her betrothed?”

“Aye, none other than the blackest heart that ever walked. In a fortnight, none here shall be able to lay claim to her.”

What the hell is a fortnight? “What do you mean? Isn’t she a little young?”

“He pressed her, and she gave her consent.”

Of course he pressed her. Any guy would be panting to make it permanent with Maid Rianne. Petir’s heart collided with his toes.





AUTHOR Bio and Links:

I’m DEBORAH ANN DAVIS, and I write Quirky New/Young Adult Fiction with a Twist. I began writing when searching for inspiration for my 5th grade English Journal. Lo and behold, my world was full of funny tales just waiting to be told. It never occurred to me to pursue writing, not even when I discovered my flare for telling stories at college parties.

After a string of undergrad majors, I realized I could reach a captive audience EVERY DAY in the public school system. As you probably know, teenagers love to laugh, and what could be more entertaining than Biology, Earth Science, and Environmental Science? I jumped into teaching with both feet and loved it for 27 years. It came with an added bonus: Once teens know you like to laugh, they want to make you laugh. Go figure.

Twelve years after our first kiss, I reunited with, and married my childhood sweetheart. Together we coached our daughter's AAU Basketball Team, which swept States two years in a row. (Yay!) Then, for several years, our daughter and our money went to college.

During a particularly nasty bout of Lyme disease, I turned to Fitness to boost my Health, and to Writing to boost my Happiness. Currently, I am a healthy and happy Educational Speaker and a Certified Personal Trainer who loves to write.

We presently reside on a lovely lake in Connecticut. When I’m not writing novels for my Love of Fairs series, I enjoy dabbling with living a sustainable life, dancing, playing outside, and laughing really hard every day. I also promote increasing movement throughout your day as Wiggle Writer in my Merry Meddling blog .

You can track my meddling on https://twitter.com/DeborahAnnDavis





Fairly Certain is available through:
















GIVEAWAY

Deborah will be awarding a $25 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a $25 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn host.



a Rafflecopter giveaway


Post a Comment