Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Generational Curse by Tracy Reed: Interview with Excerpt



AUTHOR INTERVIEW

Welcome!!  
Thanks so much for stopping by so we can find out a bit about you and your debut book!

1.       Does travel play in the writing of your books?
Travel plays a significant part in most of my books.  Some of the characters I write are ether wealthy or in business for themselves. This allows them to travel for pleasure and for business.  I think it makes the story a little more exciting when I place them in exotic locations.  In GENERATIONAL CURSE, the hero and heroine go the Maldives.  In my next book, it’s London and Paris.  In an upcoming book, the hero and heroine go to the Seychelles.

2.       Tell us about your next release.
I have two books coming out this Summer.  My first novella, “The Good Girl,” will be out in June.  It’s about a young woman who lands her dream job, but also gets involved with her boss.  Then my second full length novel, book one of “The Alex Chronicles,”  is due shortly after the novella.  It’s the story of five best friends and their secrets.

3.       What is the hardest part of writing your books?
The hardest part about writing any of my books, is the blurb or back cover.  I seem to run into a problem summing up eighty thousand plus words in about a hundred…or less.

4.       Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know?
I am a night crawler and it’s a habit I’m trying to break.  I know this because I’m not very happy getting up before eight, although I do.  Working late at night and into the early morning hours isn’t good for my body’s rest cycle, but it’s good for my creative cycle.  It’s very quiet and there are no distractions or outside noises.

5.       New York or LA? Why?
Tough question.  I was raised in Southern California and like it.  However, I had the privilege of living in Manhattan.  I love New York. It really is unlike any other city.  I miss having things [groceries, laundry, dry cleaning, takeout and my packages] delivered to me.  And don’t get me started on the shopping, restaurants and the museums.  I think when I’m in New York for business [occasionally I get to go for my other business], I feel more culturally in tuned.  As much as I like driving, I miss walking downstairs and hopping on the bus, catching a taxi or walking.  The energy is phenomenal.  I think the people that complain about it, are people that just don’t understand her. 

6.       What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
People would be surprise to know I’m short, I used to play the flute and that I own an online lingerie store, The Pink Duchess.

7.       Do you have a Website or Blog?
I have both.

8.       If you could exchange lives with any of your characters for a day which character would you choose and why?

If I could be the heroine from The Alex Chronicles for a day, that would be so cool.  I created an incredible world for her.  Funny thing is, some of my friends think she’s based on me, but she’s not.  We have a few things in common, height, curves, a love of God and fashion and a great relationship with our mothers.  Beyond that, the rest is make believe.  I’d love to have her husband, multiple stores, bank account and that jet.  Once you read the book the last couple of things will make sense. 


ABOUT THE BOOK


Generational Curse
by Tracy Reed


BLURB:

What happens when a celibate Christian man befriends a woman involved with a married man? Sean knows he should run in the other direction, but Kyla tempts him to abandon his Christian beliefs for a taste of the forbidden. But if he continues the relationship, can he convince that being with a married man isn't the fantasy life the generations of women in her family made it appear to be?

Sean Prescott and Kyla James are business associates playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse hoping the other will give in. But in this high stakes relationship game, is there really a winner or will both be losers?


BUY LINKS



EXCERPT

“Hey baby,” she purred. He turned in the direction of the voice. When he saw her, a huge smile covered his face. She was sitting in the chair wearing a pair of five inch crystal encrusted Louboutins and a smile. He started walking towards her and she stopped him. “Welcome to Naked Night.”

“Naked Night?” he questioned. In the years they’d been together, Kyla fulfilled almost every sexual desire and request Eric had. She had also done some things she didn’t like, but she knew in order to remain in control, she had to please him. She sat in the green velour chair identical to the one in his office, teasing him. Her legs were spread apart with every inch of her on display, watching him drool.

“If you want to join this party, you have to be naked,” she announced.

He started taking his clothes off and she pushed the remote on the stereo. He stood still removing his clothes to the sexy music playing on the stereo. When he removed the last piece of clothing, she let out a soft sigh and stood up. She slowly walked toward him, swaying her hips to the music drawing him in closer. She circled him like a lioness sniffing out her prey. The heat from his body filled the small space between them. She sensed his excitement and standing in front of him with room only for air to pass between them she inhaled, causing her breasts to inflate just grazing his chest.

She leaned in close and purred, “Did you miss me?”

As the words floated off her lips and landed in his ear, they ignited the fire he had been sitting on all weekend. He swallowed hard as she stepped closer. He thought to himself, how could one woman have so much control over him? Before he could answer, she slid her tongue inside his mouth pulling him deeper under her spell. He tried touching her but she stopped him.



AUTHOR Bio and Links:

I’m a single Christian Woman who loves God, Fashion and Cute Guys. I live in California, but consider myself a partial New Yorker because of the two and half years I lived there. I own www.thepinkduchess.com, a lingerie site for curvy women. GENERATIONAL CURSE is my debut novel.


BUY LINKS





GIVEAWAY


Tracy will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn host.


a Rafflecopter giveaway


Post a Comment