Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Drawn Together by Amelia Swan: Interview with Excerpt



INTERVIEW

Welcome!  I am thrilled to host you on my blog and look forward to finding out a bit about you and your work.... First off, Tell us about your current release.
Drawn Together is about a girl named Hailey who returns back to her hometown after four years of college in NYC. At first, she’s disappointed to find herself back in the small town of Medford, PA and she’s actively planning her return to New York. Things change when she runs into Cody West, the boy she had a crush on all throughout high school. Hailey has to decide whether she’s going to return to the city to pursue her blossoming career as a children’s book writer or stay back in Medford to explore her relationship with the boy she’d always wanted.

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?
My husband is incredibly supportive of my writing pursuits. I joke around a lot about him being my personal assistant. He helps me with proofreading, marketing, and running my website. I probably wouldn’t be able to do this without him. The rest of my family has been supportive, as well. Almost everyone buys my books, even if some of them are too afraid to read them. They’re all really proud of me. I’m a lucky girl.


What is your favorite meal?
Peanut butter and jelly made with sprouted whole wheat bread, all natural peanut butter (the kind that has to be stirred), and strawberry jelly that doesn’t have any additional sugar added to it. Preferably it’d be served with a cup of French press decaf coffee. Delicious.


What hobbies do you actively pursue?
I’m into yoga and fitness. I especially like hot yoga, but I also practice at home when I can’t get to the studio.  Lately, I’ve been into lifting.

I also love being in the kitchen. I’ve been a vegan for fourteen years, and I’m very particular about what I eat. I make a lot of my food from scratch. I love creating my own recipes and hope to start a blog filled with them soon.


Tell us about your favorite restaurant.
There is a vegan Chinese food restaurant five minutes from where I live. How lucky is that? It’s not the healthiest fare in the world, but I love it anyway.


Beatles or Monkees? Why?
This question makes me so happy, even though there is no way I could possibly answer it. I think these groups bring two completely different things to the table, and I love both of them for what they are. I could tell you who my favorite member of both group was, though. Beatles: George. Monkees: Mike. 


Say your publisher has offered to fly you anywhere in the world to do research on an upcoming book, where would you most likely want to go?
Can they send me back in time? I’d love to write a 1920s historical romance, and I’m afraid I’d miss the mark on the dialogue if I tried. If time travel isn’t an option, I’d like to go to Hawaii. I don’t think I’ve ever read a romance novel that takes place there. It’d be cool to write a book from a Hawaiian’s perspective. All of my current works are East Coast-centric

Drawn Together
by Amelia Swan


BLURB:

Hailey Sommers is only home from New York for a few months. So when she reconnects with the one guy she can't forget, will she be able to walk away...again?

Hailey can’t wait to get back to New York City. There she’s a hip children’s book author with a healthy social life. Being back in her hometown of Medford only reminds her of the less-than-cool girl she used to be. Until she runs into Cody, her old partner-in-crime in high school art and the boy she lusted after all four years.

Cody West has everything he could want in Medford, except Hailey. When she left for the big city, there was a hole in his life no other girl could fill. But he’s not sure he wants to open himself to the pain if she leaves again.

A chance encounter at the town coffee shop reignites the chemistry between the pair and is almost enough to make Hailey forget how much she wants to return to the city she’s grown to love. Almost. Wanting it all, Hailey plans to bring Cody back to New York with her. The only catch is that she’s not sure he’ll agree…

Buy Links


EXCERPT

Backing off, Callie plopped onto the cushioned stool as her eyes glazed over and her jaw hung open. “It’s kind of crazy, don’t you think? You’re back in Medford for two days after being gone for four years, and you run into Cody West.”

I looked into the mirror lining the wall to my left. I was still a little surprised every time I looked into the mirror and actually thought the girl looking back at me was kind of hot. I looked pretty much the same as I did when I left town, but I was definitely exuding a whole new air of confidence, and it seemed to be attracting positive things. I was finally the girl I’d always wanted to be.

“A book coming out next month and a date with Cody West. I must be a lucky girl.”







AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Amelia Swan writes contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and new adult romance. She’s interested in characters that are smart, sincere, and somewhat artistically inclined. All of her heroines are girls she could totally see herself being friends with.


Buy Links




GIVEAWAY


Amelia Swan will be awarding a$15 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.


a Rafflecopter giveaway
Post a Comment