Monday, March 23, 2015

Chasing the Other Tisdale by Jessica Jefferson: Spotlight with Excerpt






Chasing the Other Tisdale
by Jessica Jefferson


BLURB:

She’s the other sister…

Overshadowed by the beauty of her older sister, Lillian is better known as the other Tisdale; unremarkable and unsure how she will ever deliver on the promise of her family's name.

He’s a rake in need of reforming…

Will Colton leads a frivolous existence, embracing notoriety instead of managing his family’s fortune. Determined to forget his financial burden and his father’s growing resentment, he maintains a lifestyle dedicated to pleasure and self-indulgence. When Will is invited to the Tisdale estate for an extended holiday, he never expects to become friends with the forgettable Lillian. But when a family secret comes to light, he must choose between leaving London and protecting the honor of one woman or staying and risking the reputation of another.

Upon his return, Will finds the girl he left behind has come out of the shadows and into her own. Lillian’s finally the center of attention, and not all of it good. With his own reputation in tatters, can a reformed rake lure her out of the hands of London's bachelors and back into his own arms? Can he escape his past and reclaim her heart, or has he lost her forever?




EXCERPT

Lilly squared her shoulders and readied her defense. “Why now? When I saw you last week, you acted as if you couldn’t be bothered.”

“Because I didn’t want to have to involve you in my mess, but I’m not sure how else to handle it.” His beautiful face fell. “I thought I could do it on my own and I didn’t want to have to ask for help. But it turns out I can’t and I’m afraid I have no other choice.”

Of course, she thought ruefully. Will Colton only ever turned to her when there was no other way—no other choice to be had. Perhaps he wasn’t so changed after all.

“Why don’t you ask one of your friends to help?” she spit the word, knowing full well he’d been abandoned by all who’d known him.

“I am,” he countered her blow.

“Lord Colton, I am not your friend.”

He arched his brow. “It would seem nobody is anymore. But I thought out of everyone I knew, or at least used to know, you were the one who still might actually give me the time of day. You were always an exceptionally kind and generous person.”

“I was also exceedingly na├»ve. I’ve come a long way since then,” she spoke flatly, detached, trying not show the slightest chink in her armor.

“I can’t believe you’ve changed all that much in two years.”

“Why not? You have.”

He recoiled slightly. The words were meant to be a jab, and it appeared she’d struck him with the blow just as she’d intended.

“You can’t tell me you believe what they’re saying about me.”

She held her head in the air, doing everything within her power to drive him away. “Why wouldn’t I? You’ve given me no reason to think any differently.”

“But you know me.”

“I thought I knew you,” she corrected. “But I know better now.”

“No,” he argued. “You knew me better than anyone. Which is why I’m coming to you now. Will you meet me, somewhere else? Then we can talk. I’ll explain everything to you.”

“Why should I trust you, Lord Colton?”

“Have I ever given you reason not to?”

She practically snorted. “Do you really want me to answer that?”

He nodded. “I probably deserve that. But if I could just have a few moments alone with you, then I promise to explain everything.”

“Of course you will. You were always so good at making up stories.”

“No stories. I’ll tell you the truth and then you’ll see I had my reasons.”

“And now I have mine. Please leave me alone, Lord Colton.”

“I can’t do that,” he said, his tone direct.

She could feel him wearing her down. He was always so good at that, prodding her until he’d worn her down and she gave up her will entirely.

“Well, I can’t be the one to help you,” she replied. “Do you know what could happen if Lord Rockfort sees me speaking to you? If anyone does, for that matter?”

“Since when did you ever let others make up your mind for you? Weren’t you the one who gave everyone the benefit of the doubt?”

Lillian stood there, remembering herself as a young girl, ten and seven years old, with all the belief in the world. “I was,” she answered. “And look where that got me. Good bye, Mr. Colton.” She turned around in time to see Lord Rockfort making his way back over to her, glass of punch in hand.




AUTHOR Bio and Links:



Jessica Jefferson makes her home in northern Indiana, or as she likes to think of it—almost Chicago.  She is heavily inspired by classic sweeping, historical romance novels, but aims to take those key emotional elements and inject a fresh blend of quick dialogue and comedy.  She invites you to visit her at jessicajefferson.com and read more of her random romance musings.

Links and social media:

http://www.JessicaJefferson.com and http://www.embracingromance.com






Chasing the Other Tisdale, Compromising Miss Tisdale and Taming Miss Tisdale from Soul Mate Publishing, available now on Amazon!



GIVEAWAY


Jessica will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn host.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Post a Comment