Friday, February 20, 2015

On the Money by Tariq Saleim: Interview with Excerpt





INTERVIEW

Welcome!  Thank you so much for agreeing to answer a few questions so we can find out a little about you and your work.  As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I was in primary school when my teacher asked me this question. My answer was – I want to be a taxi driver. You can imagine how much trouble that got me into. My parents were called and questioned as to why I have such low ambitions in life. When my dad asked me why I said so, I told him I love cars and taxi drivers have a car to themselves all day long. He laughed it off, which was a relief. Later, after guidance from my dad, I officially upgraded my ambitions to becoming a race car driver. My primary school teacher was terrified with my new choice and told my parents they have a reckless kid to manage.


Who should play you in a film of your life?

I think Johnny Depp would be the best person to play me in a film. He has the intensity, emotions and maturity that I believe is needed to play me. I cannot think of anyone else who would do it better. 


Do you have critique partners or beta readers?

I have a group of friends who read every manuscript of mine before it goes to publisher. They come from different parts of the world, namely, France, Singapore, India and Pakistan. Given the geographical and cultural differences, they view and comment on manuscript uniquely. My friends are well read people and their insights are valuable. 


If you were to write a series of novels, what would it be about?

My favorite genre is romantic comedy and my fourth book will be in this genre. There is so much negativity in the world today and I believe everyone can enjoy a light hearted comedy with touch of romance. I have read several books in this genre and I find these therapeutic. 


Tell us about your next release.



My next release is a political thriller which is set in year 2100AD. It talks about a world that is united, peaceful and prosperous – but only on the outside.

What is the hardest part of writing your books?



I do not wish to be disrespectful to anyone; however, I still have to narrate my point of view. Balancing this is the hardest part of writing.

How do you react to a bad review of your book?

I read them, take notes, and move on. Everyone has the right to give opinions, but that should not stop me from doing what I believe in.


What one word best describes you?

Discipline.






On the Money
by Tariq Saleim


BLURB:

Everything in life comes at the cost of something else. The more you have of something, the more you have to let go of something else, and this applies to money, too. There is no exception to this, and therefore it is important to know the true cost of your achievements. The more money you accumulate, the less you have of something else (often health, time, relationships, dignity, respect, etc.). Most of us are not able to fathom these costs up front, and when we finally understand, it is usually too late.

A banker by profession, Tariq Saleim has been the confidant of many successful individuals across his international career. He is a believer that true happiness comes from knowing what you want in life -and what you are willing to sacrifice to get it. 'On the money' is his first romantic novel that discusses time-tested moneymaking concepts and reflects on the hidden costs of our decisions in the process.



EXCERPT

True happiness comes from knowing what you want in life; what you are willing to sacrifice to get it; being convinced that the sacrifice was worth the achievement; and believing that what was left was either undesirable or too pricey.

You should ask yourself this question now - what am I willing to sacrifice for money? Remember your answers so that you would be able to revisit your responses later in life. Money which is earned at any cost usually comes at the cost of everything else.




AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Tariq Saleim was born in Lahore, Pakistan, in 1972 and currently resides in Singapore. He is a banker by profession and has been associated with the industry for over two decades. He is a law graduate and also holds an MBA in finance. His first book, A Chronicle of Amends, was published in 2013 and received encouraging reviews from critics and fans. His second book, On the Money, discusses time-tested moneymaking concepts and reflects on the hidden costs of our decisions in the process.

Links:






GIVEAWAY


$25 Amazon or B&N gift card to a randomly drawn winner and a $25 Amazon or B&N gift card to a randomly drawn host.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Post a Comment