Thursday, January 8, 2015

Who Am I? How My Daughter Taught Me to Let Go and Live Again by Megan Cyrulewski

 




INTERVIEW

Welcome!  Thanks for stopping by and agreeing to answer a few questions.  How do you describe your writing style?

 

I write exactly how I talk – a lot of sarcasm and humor.


What do you do to unwind and relax?

 

I make a big bowl of popcorn and either watch some reality TV or Law and Order reruns. 



Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know?

 

Night person because I can barely function in the morning.  It’s so bad that my 4-year-old daughter will tell people that I’m not a morning person!  It takes me about a good hour to really get moving.



Beatles or Monkees? Why?

 

Monkees!  My best friend from elementary school and I listened to The Monkees all the time.  Every time I hear a Monkees song, it takes me back about 25 years.


New York or LA? Why?

 

New York!  I love the hustle of the city and I need season changes.  I wanted to move to New York when I was 24 but my roommate told me that I wouldn’t be as cool as the women in Sex and the City.  She was right.



What is something people would be surprised to know about you?

 

I’m a HUGE baseball fan.  I love my Tigers.  If we’re at a game, don’t talk to me unless it’s about the game.  I keep score and take notes.  If we’re watching the game at home, talk to me during the commercials.  Nobody likes to watch baseball with me except my dad because he’s the same way. 

Do you have a favorite quote, quip, or saying? What is it?

 

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”  - Eleanor Roosevelt.

 TENS LIST
 

 

What are 10 weird things about you?
  • I can’t step on cracks on the sidewalk
  • I set my alarm on odd numbers like 7:03, never 7:00 or even 7:05
  • I talk to my cats and give them “voices” so they talk back to me.  Like Kristoff and Sven from Frozen.
  • I refuse to take my daughter in the reptile house at the zoo.  If someone isn’t with me that can take her in, then we don’t go.  Ick.
  • From time to time, I still bite my nails.  A nasty habit that started when I was in 5th grade.
  • I’m addicted to lotion.  I have to have some with me at all times.
  • When I blow my nose, I have to use two tissues at the same time.
  • I really don’t like movies. 
  • I have to drink water before I go to bed every night.  It HAS to be the last thing I do before I fall asleep.
  • I smell books.  I love the smell of books. 

 
Who Am I?
How My Daughter Taught Me to Let Go and Live Again
by Megan Cyrulewski
 
 
BLURB:
 
Megan Cyrulewski is an ordinary person who has faced extraordinary challenges and now wants to inspire people and show them that hope gives them the power to survive anything. Who Am I? is about her journey into postpartum depression, anxiety disorder, panic attacks, visits to the psych ward, divorce, domestic violence, law school and her courageous struggle to survive with her sanity intact - and how a beautiful little girl emerged from all this chaos.
 
EXCERPT
 
Tyler was out of control—I had to stop him from taking my daughter…
 
Before I could even react, he snatched Madelyne out of my arms and put her in the back of his car. She started to hyperventilate.
 
“What are you doing?” I screamed.
 
Tyler ignored me as he tried to strap her in the car seat.
 
“Tyler! She’s terrified! You can’t do this! Let’s take her to a park or something. She has to calm down before she can go with you!” Was he crazy? How could he do this to his own child?
 
I squeezed in between him and the doorframe of the car door. “Tyler! Stop!”
 
“Don’t touch my car!” Tyler screeched as he tried to slam the door shut. I had my leg in between the door and the frame so he couldn’t close the door. I tried reaching Madelyne who was still wailing and howling. It was a horrific sound. All of a sudden, Tyler put me in a chokehold and dragged me from the car. I could see my dad out of the corner of my eye trying to get someone’s, anyone’s, attention.
 
“Help!” I screamed. “Help me!” But we were parked too far away from the actual police station and since it was Sunday, no one was around. “Someone help me. Please!”
 
Tyler tightened his arm around my throat. I couldn’t breathe. Oh my God, I thought. He’s going to kill me. Tyler was completely out of control. I knew if I didn’t do something soon, I was going to blackout.
 
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
 
Megan Cyrulewski has been writing short stories ever since she was ten-years-old.  Eventually she settled into a career in the non-profit sector and then went back to school to get her law degree.  While she was in school, she documented her divorce and child custody battle in her memoir, Who Am I?, which was published in 2014.  Megan lives in Michigan with her 3-year-old daughter who loves to dance, run, read, and snuggle time with Mommy.  Megan also enjoys her volunteer work with Troy Youth Assistance as the Fundraising Chair on the Board of Directors. 
Amazon  
BN
 
 
 
 
GIVEAWAY 
Megan will be awarding a $50 Amazon gift card to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a $25 Amazon gift card to a randomly drawn host.
 
 
 

 

 



a Rafflecopter giveaway

Post a Comment