Title: Queen of Someday
Series: A Stolen Empire Novel
Author: Sherry D. Ficklin
To Be Published: October 7th, 2014
Publisher: Clean Teen Publishing
Page Count: 262
Genre: YA Historical Romance
Content Warning: Mild violence, language, fade to black sexual content
Recommended Age: 17+
ONE GIRL WILL BRING AN EMPIRE TO ITS KNEES…
Before she can become the greatest empress in history, fifteen-year-old Sophie will have to survive her social-climbing mother’s quest to put her on the throne of Russia—at any cost.
Imperial Court holds dangers like nothing Sophie has ever faced before. In the heart of St. Petersburg, surviving means navigating the political, romantic, and religious demands of the bitter Empress Elizabeth and her handsome, but sadistic nephew, Peter. Determined to save her impoverished family—and herself—Sophie vows to do whatever is necessary to thrive in her new surroundings. But an attempt on her life and an unexpected attraction threatens to derail her plans.
Alone in a new and dangerous world, learning who to trust and who to charm may mean the difference between becoming queen and being sent home in shame to marry her lecherous uncle. With traitors and murderers lurking around every corner, her very life hangs in the balance. Betrothed to one man but falling in love with another, Sophie will need to decide how much she’s willing to sacrifice in order to become the empress she is destined to be.
In a battle for the soul of a nation, will love or destiny reign supreme?
Pre-Order on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads
“Because I cannot win. I cannot have what I truly desire—it is beyond my grasp. I realize that now. It’s sad really, to think that until I came here, I had no other dreams, no other desires but what my family wanted for me. I discovered my own mind and heart too late.” I steel myself, leaning forward. “Fate has offered me an opportunity. A crown in one hand and a husband in the other. Even if I were to throw all that away, it would still not get me what I want. It would only serve to hurt the people I care about. I would be sent back to Germany in disgrace, and my family would lose everything. There is no way to win, but there is certainly a way to lose. My choice, what little choice I have, is not to lose.”
What are 10 items on your bucket list?
(This is my author bucket list.)
10. I want to hit the USA Today best seller list. Then I want to print that list out and mail it to my high school math teacher who told me I’d never get anywhere in life if I couldn’t multiply integers. SUCK IT.
9. I want to own a t-shirt with my picture on it with a beautiful unicorn horn sticking out of my forehead. I want to wear this shirt EVERYWHERE.
8. I want to guest star on a TV show. First choice would be an angel in Supernatural, but I’d settle for a dead hooker on CSI.
7. I want a moat around my house. Then when those annoying salesmen come to my door I will yell “THIS IS SPARTA” and kick them into the moat.
6. I want to build a revolving display case for my rubber duck collection.
5. I want to be wealthy enough that no one questions my duck revolver. #Eccentric
4. I want a magical crème that will grow my hair back over night when I lose my willpower and get it all cut off on a whim.
3. I want to get into that super secret club in Disneyland then write a scathing expose, “Behind the Mouse”.
2. I want to learn to swear in Mandarin, just to add authenticity to my Firefly cosplay.
About the Author:
Sherry D. Ficklin is a full time writer from Colorado where she lives with her husband, four kids, two dogs, and a fluctuating number of chickens and house guests. A former military brat, she loves to travel and meet new people. She can often be found browsing her local bookstore with a large white hot chocolate in one hand and a towering stack of books in the other. That is, unless she’s on deadline at which time she, like the Loch Ness monster, is only seen in blurry photographs.
She is the author of The Gods of Fate Trilogy now available from Dragonfly Publishing. Her previously self-published novel After Burn: Military Brats has been acquired by Harlequin and will be released in 2014 with a second book in that series to follow. Her newest YA steampunk novel, Extracted: The Lost Imperials book 1, co-written with Tyler H. Jolley is now available everywhere books are sold and her newest YA novel, Losing Logan, is due for release in 2014 from Clean Teen Publishing.
Clean Teen Publishing Links:
There is a tour wide giveaway. Prizes include the following:
- A bookmark swag pack, Winner’s choice of any Clean Teen Publishing eBook, and a $15 Amazon gift card.
Giveaway is International.
a Rafflecopter giveaway