Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Life Interpreted by Wanda Octave: Spotlight with Excerpt


 





My Life Interpreted

by Wanda Octave

 

 
BLURB:


If you’ve ever pondered how you’ve ended up where you are in life, why things happen the way they do and what your life’s purpose is, then you’ll love My Life Interpreted. It is an uplifting book of ninety-nine inspiring reflections that seeks to demystify the questions of everyday life. Through real-life examples, Wanda Octave demonstrates how you can use your own life to decipher spiritual principles begging for attention.

 

The answers to life’s burning questions are often right in front of you and Octave shows in a practical and down to earth manner how to access those answers and live more fully.

 

What started out for Octave as snippets of her own life sent weekly to her list of newsletter subscribers has now been collected into one volume of inspiration. My Life Interpreted is a delightful daily companion or the perfect gift book for anyone seeking encouragement. 

 

 

Get your copy today on Amazon!

 

 

EXCERPT

Hurricane 

Diary Entry, October 31st, 2010 

I’m standing at my window observing the hurricane: the movement of the trees, the sound of the wind, the raindrops hitting the window, the puddles increasing in size forming little ponds on the ground, the concrete houses standing still and strong, literally holding their ground as they resist the force of the wind. The trees are bending and swaying in unison, showing off their beauty and versatility as the wind conducts them to move. It’s a marvelously choreographed production. I can’t take my eyes off it. I notice the bright yellow stalk in the middle of a coconut tree leaf. The yellow is so striking through the green. And as all the leaves get thrown back, a bunch of yellow coconuts hangs out front. It looks like a peacock or large carnival costume. But then all the leaves get thrown forward and fold over the coconuts. Wow, this really is amazing. 
 

I call my daughter to join me, but the whistling wind is a scary soundtrack, and as the power is still on, she would rather enjoy her silly TV program. My pen becomes my companion.
 

I am amazed at how strong and agile some trees are. While I know that many roofs will be blown off houses, seemingly weak trees stay firmly planted, dancing to the beat of the hurricane. I look for metaphors: Sometimes weak people can endure more than they think. But as a tree snaps and falls unto another tree, I am reminded that there are those who are indeed weak and cannot withstand the hurricanes of life. I watch the burden of the fallen tree cause another tree to bend over. I smile. Another metaphor: Sometimes we have to support each other in times of crisis even if it brings us down too!

 
November 2nd
 

It has taken me two days to write again as I absorb the impact of the hurricane. When I stood at my window a few days ago, I had no idea of the death and destruction being caused in certain parts of the island. Moving at fifteen miles per hour, Hurricane Tomas took a full twenty-four hours to pass over, very slowly wreaking havoc in some parts of the island while entertaining in others. 

 

As I learned the extent of the devastation, I wondered: If everything created is because of our collective energy, then is this how all our anger, rage and destructive thoughts manifest? I hope for our sake that our anger is spent.

 

So now, I turn to prayer, as we all do when these things happen. I am grateful that my family is safe. I’m appreciative of the little things, aware of my surroundings, concerned for my neighbors, and totally plugged in to my creator. Perhaps (I’m beginning to think) on some levels, I needed this reality check.

 

Life is short…prepared or not, the hurricanes will come.

 
 

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

 
Wanda Octave lives with constant fascination and intrigue for life. Her amazing ability to extract spiritual messages out of everyday experiences, has kept readers captivated for years and is finally revealed in her new book My Life Interpreted. A former Marketing professional, Octave worked in the fields of banking, real estate and tourism before becoming a writer.

 

Hailing from the small Caribbean Island which produced two Nobel Laureates - Honorable Derek Walcott and Sir Arthur Lewis, Octave has set her sights on becoming an international best-selling author, hoping to again position Saint Lucia as a force of to be reckoned with.

 

Learn more at www.wandaoctave.com or follow My Life Interpreted on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Life-Interpreted/424218667598103

 
  
Get your copy today on Amazon!

 

Connect with me

 






 
GIVEAWAY

Wanda will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour, and a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn host.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Post a Comment