Wednesday, May 7, 2014

You Killed My Brother by Keith Rommel: Character Interview


 


CHARACTER INTERVIEW


You Killed My Brother is a fast paced crime thriller that pits the rich and powerful against a ruthless street gang. Today I am here with Ruth from the gang known as The Southside Sinners and Jennifer, the wife of a prominent doctor and celebrated member of the community for his exceptional care and charity work. The two met in the opening scene of You Killed My Brother when they had a near miss in a car accident that could have been deadly. The near miss enraged Ruth, and in her anger she confronted Jennifer.

 

Hello ladies and welcome. I'd like to keep this as organized as possible and allow you two a chance to answer each question. So if you could speak one at a tome and to me and not each other, that would be great.

You two had quite the explosive meeting. Can you tell me how you feel about it now?
 

Jennifer: I have no idea why she acted the way she did.

Ruth: You almost killed me! You sit there with that stupid look on your face, and it's the same one that annoyed me the day you almost ran into me.
 

Ladies, speak to me and not each other.
 

Jennifer: I don't know why she's taking this so personal. It was an accident! It's not like I rolled into the intersection on purpose!

Ruth: That's the problem with you rich people. You think you own the road and can do whatever you want. But you can't.

Jennifer: My financial status has nothing to do with —

Ruth: It has everything to do with it. You act like you own everything.

 

Ruth, I'm directing this question towards you. When you were so upset with Jennifer after the near accident, she refused to get out of the car and fight you. Why did you turn that aggression towards her young kids?

 

Ruth: Because they just cried, screaming and carrying on, acting like spoiled brats.

Jennifer: They're just kids and they were scared. What do you expect them to do?

Ruth: I expect them to shut up and not annoy me.

Jennifer: You are so uncivilized.

 

Ladies, to me please.
 

Ruth: (laughs) She talks about my being uncivilized. She's over civilized like everything about her and her life is fake, handed to her on a silver spoon. She darts out in the middle of traffic, pays no attention to traffic signs and almost kills me and she has the nerve to sit here and say that I’m uncivilized?

Jennifer: It's true. You're like an animal. You are wild and out of control and walk around with this attitude. You have this chip on your shoulder for no good reason.

Ruth: When it comes to people like you, I do.

Jennifer: People like me?

Ruth: Rich snobs. Just like your husband.

 

Okay, hold on. Let's not jump around so much here. I'd like to stay on the question.

 

Jennifer: Don't bring my husband into this. Especially not after what happened to him because of your boyfriend.

Ruth: He's not my boyfriend and your husband deserved what he got. I could care less about him.

Jennifer: You think he deserved that? (shakes her head) You have to be kidding me!

Ruth: Deserved it, that’s what I said. He's not such a superhero anymore, now is he? And your brother-in-law got what he deserved, too.

Jennifer: There's something seriously wrong with you!

Ruth: Yeah, people like you that walk around like everything is ice cream and puppies, that’s what’s wrong with me. I’ll give you a dose of reality.
 

Ladies, please...
 

Jennifer: How do you want me to have a conversation with her when she talks like that about my husband and threatens me? She's as crazy as all those people she runs around town with, tormenting everyone.

Ruth: I'll show you how crazy I am.  (stands and kicks her chair over) Come on then, stand up and let's settle this once and for all.

Jennifer: You see? How can you expect me to sit here and take this?

 

Ladies, please. Why do you fight with each other like this? There’s got to be some middle ground. Ruth, why don't you pick up your chair so we can hash this out?

 

Ruth: I'm not interested and have nothing in common with her. I'd really like to kick her ass for all the grief she's caused me.

Jennifer: That I've caused you? (shakes her head) You have no idea how much that day, my mistake, haunts me.

Ruth: Oh please, don't act like you care now.

Jennifer: I've always cared and never wanted it to turn into what it turned into. But you wouldn't let it go.

Ruth: Eye for an eye.

 
If I could interrupt you ladies for a moment. Aren't you two overlooking the one person that is really responsible for this?

 
Jennifer & Ruth: What are you talking about?


I’m talking about Keith Rommel. The author. The guy that wrote the story. I mean isn’t he responsible? After all, he’s the one who pitted you two against one another.

 
Ruth: You know, you might have a point.

Jennifer: He did put us through a lot. All so he can get people’s attention to sell some books.

Ruth: Well, he has my attention now and I’m not happy about it...



ABOUT THE BOOK


Rainer is a successful doctor and father of two. He’s a celebrated member of the community for his exceptional care and charity work. Brick is a local street thug that can’t keep his nose clean. When fate brings the two together through tragedy, the life of Rainer is changed dramatically.

Glenn is a seasoned cop and Rainer’s younger brother. Trusting the justice system, he keeps his desire for revenge in check as Brick is brought to trial. But when the jury hands Brick a lean sentence, Glenn sets out to avenge his family’s suffering. But what he forgets in his rage is that for every action, there is a reaction.


Goodreads


Information
  • Title: You Killed My Brother
  • Author: Keith Rommel
  • Genre: Thriller
  • Length: 182 pages
  • Release Date: May 2013
  • ISBN-13: 978-0615819204
  • Imprint: Enigma Press

Available Here




What people are saying...

"I was immediately drawn into the characters in Keith Rommel's well written & absorbing book, "You Killed My Brother". Every act of friendship & brotherly love, evidence of family bond, courage, desperation, revenge & chaos, has created an emotional & exciting plot. The surprises just keep coming and this reader could not put it down! Well done, Keith, Well done."
-Janet Van Mol


MEET THE AUTHOR





Keith Rommel is a native of Long Island, New York and currently lives with his family in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. Rommel is a retail manager and has enjoyed collecting comic books since he was a child (a hobby inspired by a teacher in grade school to help overcome a reading comprehension disability).

Rommel is the author of two books in his suspense/horror Thanatology series entitled The Cursed Man and The Lurking Man. The Cursed Man is coming soon as a major motion picture. You Killed My Brother is his newest release, moving him into the crime/thriller genre for an experiment.

Keith enjoys offering his experiences to other authors, writing several articles about writing and publishing, and is currently fast at work on the third novel in the Thanatology series entitled "The Valley" which is scheduled for a winter 2013 release.

He also has several other novels in the works. Besides writing, he also enjoys watching the New York Giants, scary stories, and spending time with family.

For more information on Rommel, or his writing, go to http://keithrommel.weebly.com


Goodreads




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Post a Comment