Hello, I’m Alexandra Forry, author of three contemporary romance’s Omerta Affair, Timeless Endings, and Wildflower. Timeless Endings is a Romance set in the 1970’s Las Vegas's mafia family. All right, I must tell you that Timeless Endings is the same story line as Omerta Affair but aimed as an every woman’s romance. Wildflower is a romance set in the heart of Sedona, Arizona. Today I’m honored to have a guest post at Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews, and want to thank Laurie for this wonderful opportunity.
For this Guest Post I’ll tell you ten things that I most enjoy doing.
1. Writing- Of course it’s number one on my list and for a good reason. No matter if I’m writing a novel or a blog post I enjoy doing it. I love writing because it takes my mind off of things and I never know where my writing will take me. It's a way for me to become whoever I want to be at the moment.
2. Dancing- How I love to dance, I dance every day no matter what. I love almost all kinds of music to dance to. I like dancing alone and have fun and sing along. I always have my Spotify playing in the background. I don’t think I could ever live without dancing or music.
3. Running around in Las Vegas. There is always something fun to do in Las Vegas without being on the strip. Lots of people think that the strip is the only thing in Las Vegas; truly it is like another New York City or LA. There's a lot more to do than you think. We have beautiful Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead, and Mount Charleston to escape the hot heat in the summer time. A few years ago the first performing arts center opened, The Smith Center, where you can watch Broadway shows and performances. Downtown Las Vegas is turning into a cool art district. Each year Las Vegas is growing and changing. That’s why I love my city.
4. Going on family trips. I’ve been all over the west coast. There is always something dear that I remember from each of my road tips that I've been on. Which places do I love that I’ve been? I have to say Sedona AZ, Portland OR, San Diego CA, and Jackson Hole WY. And would love to go back to any one of them in a heartbeat.
5. Scrapbooking. I love scrapbooking and I’m pretty good at it. I love to scrapbook every event in my life; someday when I’m older I can remember all the grand times that I had when I was younger.
6. Gardening. I love potting and planting flowers. I have a beautiful garden that I enjoy every year.
7. Swimming. I love swimming I can spend all day in a pool with my friends. I remember when my friend came down, we enjoyed swimming in my pool for at least 3 hours. Great memory!
8. Seeing a movie. I must say that I’m a movie buff! I love seeing old moves with my favorite movie stars and new releases. I love finding old movies that I always wanted to see on VSH and watching them at last.
9. Reading. I love reading; I have lots of books around. Some book are by my dear friends. I try to read before I go to bed but lately I’ve been too busy to read.
10. Hang out with my friends. I love getting together with my friends. Half of the time we hang out on Facebook or Skype but when I do get together with some of my friends we have a fun time.
There you have it, ten of my things do that I most enjoy doing. Thank you for reading my guest post. I enjoyed doing this. Alexandra Forry
Evelyn turned toward the lights of the city. The view was breathtaking as she stood looking down on Las Vegas, lovingly wrapped in Tony’s arms. It was a moment she would keep deep in her heart, forever. “Look at this—The City of Gold!” Evelyn exclaimed as Tony kissed her forehead. “And it’s all ours, Eve!”
Thus begins a heartwarming and harrowing tale of life and forbidden love lost to one generation and found in the next. Caught between a turbulent love triangle that shook the very foundations of the Mafia’s Las Vegas Empire, and a deadly struggle for wealth and power, Mob Boss and “King of Las Vegas” Tony Torino, his mistress hustler and onetime showgirl Evelyn Rosenberg, and her husband top Chicago mobster Charlie “Gus” Rosenberg live and love in defiance of the violent and unforgiving laws of the Mafia. All that remains is Evelyn’s carefully preserved diary left by Gus to be discovered by his daughter Adriane and Tony’s son Victor as they pack up her late father’s belongings. Through the vivid and brilliant use of flashbacks, juxtaposed with current events, we witness one of the most beautiful and ill-fated love stories of the last century. As Victor, a forest ranger who fled his family’s Mob past, and Adriane, an attorney being pressured to work for the Mafia, read through the diary old hatreds and new alliances rise leaving us to wonder if history will repeat itself.
Amazon B&N Goodreads
“Vic, you can’t just walk into Sonny Graziano’s office!” Al said, trying to get Victor to see reason.
“I’m going in, no matter what happens!”
“You’re not thinking right, my boy!”
“Yes I am! You can’t stop me! I've never fulfilled the vendetta for my father’s death!”
“Let’s grab a drink and talk about this some more,” Al begged him.
“Why? I finally have Adriane at last and now look at this mess… Adriane knows that Adam is our brother, and on top of everything else, Lisa is pregnant!”
“You’re teasing me?”
“Nope, I wish, but my mind is made up! My gun is loaded and I’m ready to kill.”
“Wait, you don’t have to go in there!”
“That would make me not my father’s son! Dad would do the same thing as me.”
“I beg to differ. He would have a plan and a few cards up his sleeve.”
“Excuse me for not being my father! You have no room to talk, Uncle Al. You ran as far as you could from this Mafia stuff.” Victor pointed out, tired of living in his father’s grand shadow.
“I would be dead now if I hadn’t run! I thought you wanted nothin’ to do with this kind of life?”
Alexandra Forry was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. She has Cerebral Palsy but that doesn't stop her from doing what she wants! Omerta Affair was her first novel, then she came out with Timeless Endings, which is the same story line as Omerta Affair but aimed as a woman’s romance. Alexandra is currently working on her fourth novel. She enjoys being a member of the Las Vegas Romance Writers as well as RWA.
Leave a comment for a chance to win a $15 gift card
and follow the tour for more chances to win!