Saturday, April 12, 2014

Safe & Sound by T.S. Krupa: Interview


 





INTERVIEW

Welcome!!  Thanks so much for being here and agreeing to answer some of my questions.  Does travel play in the writing of your books?

Yes! It was not intentional but yes my characters do travel which I feel mimics human nature. In a way this part of the book mirrors my own life. I have traveled so much in my life already and it has helped shaped me as a person which in turn I portrayed onto my characters. I wouldn’t be surprised if this themed continued through all my books.

 
Tell us about your current release.

Safe & Sound is a story about loss, friendship and love. It was a story born organically out of a conversation that I had with my husband about creating our wills (morbid, I know!). We asked questions, like about if one of us passed away what would the other do? Where would we be buried? Does your opinion change after you remarry? Then we traveled to Oak Island for a family vacation and I knew that was where I wanted my character to end up in my story.


When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?

I write at night because I work full time. I write as long as I can stay awake or have an idea, on average it would be about 3 to 4 hours a night.


What is the hardest part of writing your books?

The hardest part of writing was not worrying about what others will think. I really had to focus on the art of writing and being in the moment not about what will happen in the weeks and months that will follow when the book came out.


What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

My significant other could not be more supportive! He read my chapters after me and helped me edit the novel before I sent it out. He has been a constant in my life. My family was surprised because I didn’t tell anyone I was writing but after they found out they were very excited and proud.



What do you think makes a good story?

For me a good story evokes emotion. Whether it be laughter, tears or anger. It can distract you from the ‘real world’ for a while and let your imagination run wild. Most importantly a good story creates excitement which makes you talk about it with your friends and family.


Do you use a pen name? If so, how did you come up with it?

I do use a pen name. Mostly because my last name is very long and not easy to say!  I wanted to make sure it still had significance so I took my mom’s maiden name.


Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

Yes! Music is so important to me while writing. I have a very eclectic music taste. Usually, I just put on my itunes and let it cycle through because if I get into a scene or part of the book, I tune it all out anyway. Currently, on my itunes I have songs from Sinatra, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Zac Brown Band, The Band Perry and J. Lo.


Do you play any sports?

Yes! I played field hockey in college. I don’t play anymore but now I coach club field hockey at a local university.



BOOK INFORMATION



 When great love is lost forever, what does it take to find the courage to move on?

When Jill met Jay Greenfield she knew she found her forever love. Together their lives were perfect. But when a tragic accident takes Jay’s life, this young bride is left to pick up the pieces. With support from her two childhood best friends, Lanie and Stella, Jill attempts to piece her life back together.

Meanwhile, in the process of settling the estate, Jill learns that her husband was not quite the man she thought he was. She finds herself transported to the small beach town of Oak Island, North Carolina. But the fairy tale ending she envisioned no longer exists. She must face the reality that Jay is gone as she finds herself having a chance at love one more time.

Safe & Sound follows the yearlong journey of love, loss, friendship, and conquering the unexpected.
 
 
 
 
Buy Links:

 
 
 

MEET THE AUTHOR
 
T.S. Krupa was born in New Haven, Connecticut. Raised in a Polish household with a blended American culture, she is fluent in Polish. She graduated with her bachelor’s degree from Franklin Pierce University, where she also played field hockey. She earned her Master’s from Texas Tech University and plans to graduate with her Doctor of Education from North Carolina State University in 2014. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and dog. This is her first novel.
 

Goodreads (Author Page): www.goodreads.com/TSKrupa

 



 
 
 
GIVEAWAY
 
Enter via the Rafflecopter for a chance to win a signed, print copy of Safe & Sound. Shipping is US only.



a Rafflecopter giveaway



No comments: