Friday, March 14, 2014

The Zoastra Affair by Victoria Pinder: Character Interview and Excerpt

 



Character Interview

Today I’m visiting with Major Cross from The Zoastra Affair

Is Cross your real name?

No. It’s my call sign and been my name as Americans prefer nicknames to my real name.

Which is?

Major Alain Louis LeCrieux the Fourteenth, ma’am. Cross for short.

That wasn’t so hard. Good family name you have. Why did you join Earth Seekers?

How could I not join Earthseekers? I had nothing left. No one cared, and so many people deserved vengeance. It was either curl up and drink myself to death, or use the last breathe of my body to uncover who attacked Earth and to demand they pay.

This sounds personal. What happened to your family?

They died. I left Montreal to cool off. I had just filed for divorce. That morning, I called home. I spoke to my mother and then she handed the phone to my father. His disappointment in me was the last thing they said before they all died in the attack.

I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine that. And you must seek revenge. If you ever found the aliens that massacred so many on Earth, what do you plan to do?

I’m not sure at this time. I used to think I’d die in the fight and I made peace with that option. But then I met Ariel. I like my coworkers and the space ship Zoastra. I must protect Ariel, but we must stop the unknown aliens who attack Earth at will.

Ariel sounds wonderful. What do you look for in a woman?

I wasn’t looking for Ariel. She just showed up in my life, and wouldn’t go away. But we’re married now and she’s the unexpected blessing in my life. But don’t tell her that. Not until she learns to make a proper pancake.

Pancakes are good. Is that your favorite food?

No. Poutine is my favorite. I’m Canadian, ma’am.

With a fancy French name but a lumberjack body. What’s a typical day for you like?

I wake up. Run the morning training regime for the ship. Head to Security. Ensure there are no threats in sensor range. Run thorough investigations to keep the ship’s security smooth. Recheck my tests to see if I’m missing something on any foreign body out there in space. And wait for the General to issue me orders. But this is a good day, without incident. I’m not at liberty to discuss security matters.

I understand. Anything else you want to tell us?

Life can throw us curveballs. It’s up one minute. Then down. But then wait it out. The good comes again. I never expected to marry another woman, not after my divorce and the massacre. But then Ariel came into my life and I’ve never been happier.

Thank you for agreeing to be here.  It was wonderful having this chance to find out more about you. Next time I hope you will bring Ariel with you.  She sounds like a special woman whom I would love to meet, too. J



The Zoastra Affair

by Victoria Pinder


BLURB:

 

A hundred years from now, Earth has trading partners with alien beings, mostly humanoid. However, going into space brought forth an unknown enemy who attacks Earth at will.

 

The Zoastra is part of the Earthseekers, an organization originally designed to go into space. Its new mission is to find Earth’s enemies.

Ariel is stuck on a Victorian planet and steals Grace’s body and life to get off the planet. Grace must get her body back before Ariel bonds with Grace’s husband, Peter. Then there is Cross, the man on a mission to find those who killed his family. Ariel is attracted to Cross, but she’s stolen someone’s life.
 

Buy Link: Amazon   

 

EXCERPT 

I’m going to have to steal someone else’s body to get out of here. 

“Ariel, are you listening?” 

Ariel Transcender stared dumbfounded at the mother superior of her prison, a/k/a Aulnale School for Orphans. “Yes, mistress.”

She had no idea what happened, though she pasted a fake simpering smile of appreciation on her face. Ms. Rochelle walked away. 

A few minutes later, Ariel looked out the window again, tuning out Rochelle’s mind numbing lecture on what was proper behavior when near a man. The boarding home on this planet gave the stupidest lectures of the galaxy. Her lips curled into a sneer. Women were not excited to be bound to men. 

Could I do this to someone else? Do I have any other choice? 

Lenchena, the teenage girl who’d stolen her adult body and taken off on Ariel’s ship, needed to be found. And Ariel refused to listen to the daily drivel about always listening to a man.

 

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

 

Victoria Pinder grew up in Irish Catholic Boston before moving to the Miami sun. She’s worked in engineering, after passing many tests proving how easy Math came to her. Then hating her life at the age of twenty four, she decided to go to law school. Four years later, after passing the bar and practicing very little, she realized that she hates the practice of law. She refused to one day turn 50 and realize she had nothing but her career and hours at a desk. After realizing she needed change, she became a high school teacher. Teaching is rewarding, but writing is a passion.
 

During all this time, she always wrote stories to entertain herself or calm down. Her parents are practical minded people demanding a job, and Victoria spent too many years living other people’s dreams, but when she sat down to see what skill she had that matched what she enjoyed doing, writing became so obvious. The middle school year book when someone wrote in it that one day she’d be a writer made sense when she turned thirty.
 

When she woke up to what she wanted, the dream of writing became so obvious. She dreams of writing professionally, where her barista can make her coffee and a walk on the beach, can motivate her tales. Contemporary romances are just fun to write. She’s always thinking whose getting hurt and whose story is next on the list to fall in love. Victoria’s love of writing has kept her centered and focused through her many phases, and she’s motivated to write many stories.
 

Member of Florida Romance Writers, Contemporary Romance, Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal chapter of RWA, and in Savvy Authors.

 

Visit Victoria online at:
 


Tumblr:    victoriapinder.tumblr.com  


 

 GIVEAWAY
 
 
Victoria will be awarding a $20 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour.
Follow the tour and comment often to increase your chance of winning. The tour dates can be found HERE. Enter via the Rafflecopter.
 


a Rafflecopter giveaway

7 comments:

Mary Preston said...

A most telling character interview.

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thanks for hosting!

VictoriaPinder said...

Thank you for having me!

kathy p said...

We aren't big new years eve people! We have the family over for a sleep over and play games all night!

collenga said...

I usually drive to Pittsburgh with my friends and we kinda play it by ear!

Rita said...

I enjoyed the character interview.

New Years I usually stay home.

Elise-Maria Barton said...

Great interview! Thanks for sharing.