Saturday, November 23, 2013

Correlation by Mia Grace: Guest Post


 





GUEST POST

What are your biggest pet peeves when you are writing?

Probably my biggest pet peeve is having to stop to eat, answer the phone, or be social when what I really want to do is keep on writing.

Writing for me is a great escape. I believe it is the reason I’ve manage to go this long without medication of any kind. It keeps my blood pressure low, my outlook positive, and allows me to deal with daily frustrations. There’s nothing better than creating people you like, going with them to places you’ve never been, and controlling their lives in ways that you can’t control your own. Having a bad day in real life? Go into somebody else’s world and hang out there.

If I had my choice, writing would be what I do for a living, and I would never again have to get up because the alarm clock says so or head off to work for somebody else. I’d be a better person because going to work would mean spending eight to ten hours lost in a world of my own creation, hanging out with people of my choice. After that, I’d be ready for a diversion and would embrace doing laundry, washing the dog, or having real people over to dinner.

If you were revisiting favorite places you haven’t seen in years, becoming involved in a love affair with a roguishly handsome man you’ve yet to meet, or are the mysterious woman who is about to reveal her true identity to an awestruck world, wouldn’t you be ticked off when someone downstairs yelled, “What’s for supper?”
 
Book Info

 Correlation, by Mia Grace, is a young adult time travel novel with a dash of romance.
 
 
When the past and the present collide…
Hailey Kent knows how she wants to spend the summer before her junior year in high school: hanging out at the pool with Jenna, her BFF; riding her new trail bike on Vermont’s country roads; and flirting with Jenna’s hot older brother, Cody.
Hailey’s plans are shattered when a post-graduation accident puts her brother into a coma. Feeling guilty for not stopping him from going out that night, she seeks solace in exploring an old house and its overgrown gardens.
A mysterious correlation of events propels her back in time to the Vietnam War era, where she realizes she can use her knowledge of one boy’s fate to save his life.
But first, Hailey needs to convince him of her sanity.




 




Available Here:

Amazon Barnes and NobleKobo






Mia Grace


Mia GraceMia Grace lives in rural Vermont and works as a consumer advocate and educator in New Hampshire. When she’s not hiding away in her writer’s garret, she can be found enjoying her boisterous extended family, her menagerie of dogs, cats, and laying hens, and her perennial flower gardens.


Amazon  |  Goodreads


 
 
 
 
 



Giveaway






FOLLOW THE TOUR!




Thanks for Looking!


1 comment:

miagraceblog said...

Laurie, Thanks for the opportunity to stop by!