Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Vigil by V.J. Chambers: Character Interview


 



Welcome to my stop for the Vigil blog tour,
organized by Grapevine Book Tours.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Character Interview with Callum Rutherford


Hi! Thanks for talking with me.  If you could apologize to someone in your past, who would it be?

There is one person. We were close when we were younger. Now, he’s gone crazy. He’s murdering people. I sometimes wonder if I could have gotten him out of a bad situation when we were kids. If that would have changed him. I’d tell him I was sorry that I didn’t help him.


Who should play you in a film? 

I’d want someone sort of badass, but I don’t really keep track of actor’s names.

 

Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know?

Night person. That’s when I’m on the prowl as Vigil.


What would we find under your bed?

Hopefully nothing. I pay an army of people an obscene amount of money to keep my house spotless.


What makes you happy?

Little things. A warm spring day. A nice single malt. Being close to someone without having to say anything. Deep down, I guess I’m a pretty simple guy.

 

If I came to visit early in the morning would you impress me as being more like a chirpy bird or a grumpy bear?

Uh… is there an option that doesn’t compare me to an animal? If I were an animal, I think I’d be a big cat, like a lynx or a panther or something.

 

Do your friends think you are an introvert or an extravert? Why?

Introvert. But then, I don’t have a lot of close friends. Mostly, what I have are acquaintances. It’s uh, like that Heather’s movie. “It’s like they’re people that I work with, and our job is being popular and shit.” Well, substitute being rich and pretty for popular, I guess.
 
 
 

 

Title: Vigil
Author: V.J. Chambers
Publication: July 17th, 2013 by Punk Rawk Books
Category: New Adult (NA)
Genre: Romantic Suspense
 
Synopsis: When newspaper intern Cecily Kane kisses a masked vigilante, she doesn’t realize she’s plunging headlong into a relationship with two separate identities.  
As Vigil, he is dark, sensuous, and irresistible. His touch skyrockets her to heights of pleasure. As Callum Rutherford, he is a billionaire playboy—arrogant, cold, and untouchable. She looks good on his arm, but without his mask, he holds her at arm’s length. 
Sex with a masked man. Dinner with a rich sophisticate. A fractured relationship with a complicated man. 
Deep down, he is broken, twisted in some dark, hidden way. Some way he won’t reveal to her. She only knows that it is somehow connected to his obsession with The Phantom, the costumed villain whose murder spree has rocked the city. 
She must unravel Vigil’s secrets. To make him whole. And to stop The Phantom.
  
 
 
 
 
 
 

Author bio: V.J. Chambers likes bad boys, but she likes them to be actual bad boys, not misunderstood weaklings who cover up their emotional scars with a thin veneer of pretend bad-boy-ness. 
 
She likes to tackle difficult philosophical questions. She likes to push fiction to the edge, to go just a little farther. 
 
She writes stories about difficult people living difficult lives in difficult situations. Usually, there’s magic. Or monsters. Or space. Or gun fights. A lot of times, there’s also L-O-V-E. (Or at least uncomfortable conversations about sex.) 

She’s the author of the Jason and Azazel series and many other stories for teens and adults. She lives in Shepherdstown, WV with her boyfriend Aaron and their cat.
 
 

 
 
 






 
Prizes: Three (3) paperback copies of Vigil {US only}

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment