Sunday, October 6, 2013

Gape by Aiden Truss: Character Interview


 







Character Interview: Priest from Gape

 

Who is your favorite author?

 

Unequivocally, Joris-Karl Huysmans on account of his great work, La-Bàs. I admired his fascination for Gilles de Rais, who I actually knew personally. Of course his depiction of the Black Mass was ridiculous, but his observations on his fellow man were spot on.

What are your favorite TV shows?

 

I have the cosmos as my playground. I can go where I please and do as I want. Where would I find anything of worth on TV – what they used to call the ‘idiot’s lantern’?
 

Having said that, I do quite enjoy Breaking Bad and I absolutely loved The Sopranos!
 

What songs are most played on your iPod?

 

I don’t possess such a device. But, were I to listen to music, it would have to be easy listening such as something by Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath or Judas Priest.

 

What are you passionate about these days?

 

I’ve long since forgotten what passion feels like – for anything. At the moment I’m constantly seeking escape from my relentless ennui.

 

Even these questions are boring me…

 

What one word best describes you?

 

Callipygian.

I have never heard this word. What does it mean?

Look it up.

Be Right Back. (a quick google search reveals the answer)  Well…..Okay then. (mumbles…..awesome word for the day, and yes, aptly describes this demon. embarrassed chuckle) Moving on. Next Question.

Do you have a favorite quote, quip, or saying? What is it?
 

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it!” (Mark Twain)
 

Great! (I will not get pulled in this time) What group did you hang out with in high school?
 

As a young demon, I didn’t attend a school in the strictest sense of the word, though I did receive a schooling of sorts. My instructors were Belial, Pazuzu, Azrael, Mephistopheles and Mulciber. These were all demons of a higher rank than I and it is from them that I learned many of my skills in torture, black magic and the more depraved sexual excesses.
 

What makes you happy?
 

When I used to feel happiness, it would have been torture, black magic and the more depraved sexual excesses!
 

Well, thank you for stopping by and spending this time with me.  If nothing else, I appreciate your forthright candor!
 
 




Gape by Aiden Truss

 

Synopsis:

When Rose woke up in her favourite shop doorway, she was resigned to yet another day of hunger, struggle and abuse. This was life on the streets after all.

 

What she wasn’t prepared for, was a visit from a demon, an invitation back to his temporally insubstantial sanctuary, and forced to take sides in a battle involving most of the denizens of hell. Oh, and a boat trip down the river Thames.

 

After a disappointing start to the day, things were about to get a bit more interesting…

 

Purchase Links:




 
 
 
 

Aiden Truss is a forty one year-old geek who still thinks that he’s twenty-one. Despite never having grown up, he’s now been married for twenty four years and has two sons who have grown up against all odds to be strangely well adjusted.

Aiden spends his time flitting between high and low culture: he holds an MA in Cultural and Critical Studies and can often be seen stalking the galleries and museums of London, but also likes watching WWE, listening to heavy metal music, collecting comic books and playing classic video games.

Aiden lives in Kent, England and Gape is his first novel.

 

 
 
 
Post a Comment