Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dark Migration by Sandra R Campbell: Interview


 





Welcome Sandra!  I'm so excited to be hosting you on this stop of your tour with Xpresso Book Tours.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

·        Do you have a Website or Blog?

Yes, I have two: www.sandrarcampbell.com is my personal author website/blog, and I recently launched a combined author website, where multi-genre anthologies, short stories and a new web series will be posted weekly. Feel free to check it out: www.waterfrontwriters.com

·        Are the names of the characters in your novels important?  How and why?

When I started writing my first full-length novel, Butterfly Harvest, I decided to forego long character sketches and based many of my characters on real people. I changed their names but kept the first and last initial the same. In staying true to the dark thriller genre, most of the characters in Butterfly Harvest meet an untimely end. So, when a couple friends requested to be in the sequel, Dark Migration, I thought it would be fun to make it a ‘thing’—to be a character in my book, your character must die. I always send the real person their character’s death scene prior to publication. They love it! Now, do I have any volunteers?

·        How do you react to a bad review of your book?

I’ll shed a tear, drink a glass of wine, eat a hunk of chocolate, and then move on. Bad reviews are part of being a writer. They happen.

·        Do you hear from your readers? What kinds of questions do they ask?

I love to hear from readers! The most commonly asked questions are…

·         When did you start writing? I’ve been serious for about six years.

·         Is the book based on real life? Yes, there are elements of real life woven into every story.

·         Is there another book in the works? Always.

But I have to say the best comment I ever received from a reader, other than ‘I love your book’, was that after reading my novel she had nightmares. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not thrilled about being the cause of her bad dreams and sleepless nights, but it means she thought enough of my story and characters to dream about them. The story stuck with her long after she’d closed the book. That speaks volumes.

·        Describe what it’s like to be an author in three words.

Frustrating. Consuming. Rewarding. (not always in that order)

·        What do you do to unwind and relax?

I love the water. Whenever I need to relax and unwind I head outside. Walk to the beach, step onto my paddle board, or hop on the boat for a quiet cruise. Except when the weather’s bad, then I curl up on the couch with a scary movie and a glass of wine.
 
 
Dark Migration by Sandra R Campbell
Publication date: August 2013
Genres: Dark Fantasy, Horror, New Adult
 
Synopsis:
Seanna Raines is on a journey of self-discovery. Only her search does not include college applications or finding a cool summer job. After killing Samuel Bolvayne, the ‘man’ she fears and loves, Seanna is not looking for who she is, but rather what she will become.
Samuel spent countless lifetimes trying to forge a companion like himself, but his previous attempts were considered failures. Until Seanna. She is his first true success… and his ultimate undoing. Now, without Samuel to guide her, Seanna is lost. To survive, she needs to find out what her transformation means: super strength, the ability to smell human emotions, and an ever-increasing need to devour human souls. Seanna travels to Samuel’s earthly homeland, along the coast of South Africa, in search of answers. Here, she encounters several of his failed experiments, who claim to know the truth. These abominations lead her into a sinister world of chaos and destruction, where the birthplace of evil is revealed.
Seanna clings to the last piece of her humanity while struggling to accept her feelings for Samuel and what she has done to him. Just as Seanna embraces her fate, she is forced to choose between life as an immortal with the one she loves or sacrifice it all to save a world that does not deserve saving.
  
Purchase: 
Amazon  |  BandN 
 

Sandra R. Campbell lives along the tranquil waters of the Chesapeake Bay with her new husband and weight challenged cat. She can trace her passion for the macabre back to reading Edgar Allen Poe as a child, with her pet crow, Big Fellow, by her side. She has since submerged herself in a wide range of dark literature. An avid thrill seeker, Sandra is always looking for her next big adrenaline rush, and when spelunking, climbing, diving and monster hunting fails to deliver, she turns to the creation of through-the-rabbit-hole worlds and sends her characters on their own adventures. Her first NA paranormal thriller, Butterfly Harvest, was published in September 2010. Sandra also writes children’s stories, is an active member of the Maryland Writers’ Association and the head of a MWA critique group.
 
Author links:
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: