Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cirque Macabre #1: The Show Must Go On by CS Patra: Character Interview

 




 

Spencer Lowe from
Cirque Macabre #1: The Show Must Go On by CS Patra

 

Where do you dream of traveling to and why?
Travel is the one thing I do a lot of! We’ve been to six out of the seven continents (although I’m sure we might try to fit Antarctica in there some day) and we’ve seen so many countries. I think my absolute favorites were Israel and Egypt. The pyramids, buildings, land…everything was magical. I do want to go back to Africa again and go on an African safari. It would be nice to see the animals out in the open.  
 

Tell us about your family. 
Oh, my family. That’s one subject that hardly ever comes up anymore. My father was a hard man to please. He did love me or at least he claimed he did. He says he never hit me unless I did something wrong. I have to admit that is true. That’s the only time I ever was hurt physically. If I treaded lightly and did as I was told, things went well. As for my mother, she was aware of what happened but she did the same as me; we both tolerated it. I have no siblings and I think that’s fortunate for us. I wouldn’t like them to get hurt. Running away and joining the circus is probably the best thing I did. 
 

What was the scariest moment of your life?
Finding out that my boss was dead and that we were all suspects. Even worse, the killer was in the circus and someone is also leaving us strange notes. I have no idea if the note writer is also the killer but…I swear it made my family life look pretty in comparison. We still don’t know who did it.  
 

What book are you reading now?
Thanks to our new friend Triple Zero, who keeps leaving mysterious notes, I’m catching up on all the Shakespeare plays. I’m trying to see if there’s a connection between all the notes, the case, and the plays. At the moment, I’m in the middle of Othello and Cymbelline. The latter  hasn’t been used by Triple Zero yet but you never know.
 

What songs are most played on your Ipod?
Someone just put “Work Bitch” by Britney Spears in it and that’s been on repeat. I’m not sure who fiddled with this but I know it’s not Triple Zero. That guy or girl likes to creep people out but I don’t think they are a Britney fan. I can’t lie though; it’s very catchy along with Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball”. The mystery person put that in there too. 
 

What group did you hang out with in high school?
Does the gymnastics team count as a group? That’s mostly where I spent my time. It’s no wonder I’m doing what I do today.  
 

Who should play you in a film?
People keep saying I look like a younger version of Brad Pitt. But I don’t know if he’ll be able to do a triple somersault in mid-air. Then again, he saved the world from zombies in that one movie so anything is possible. 
 

What would we find under your bed?
I sleep on the floor these days so that would be hard to describe. Now I’ve slept in hotel beds and I’ve found nothing but lint and stains. I refuse to figure out what those stains might be. 
 

What is the next big thing?
After we solve this murder mystery? Taking a break, then we hit the road again.
 

If I came to visit early in the morning would you impress me as being more like a chirpy bird or a grumpy bear?
It would all depend on how badly things went last night and what time you woke me up. For example, four in the morning is not when I am my happiest. But I can deal with eight or nine in the morning.  
 

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
Contrary to popular belief, I’m not an ogre and I do not push people too hard. Times are tough right now and someone needs to be a leader. For some reason, they all nominated me as the leader. I have to keep things going. If it means getting strict, I’ll get strict. But I would never be mean on purpose. 
 

Is there a piece of advice that you have received that has really stuck with you? If so, what was it?
Trust no one. I have been told that so many times and I’m beginning to believe it.
 


 
The Gallati Family Circus has never known a world outside of the big top. All they know is how to entertain and put on spectacular shows. One night, Dante Gallati springs a surprise on them by announcing a change; he's giving them a new theme called "Cirque Macabre". No one is pleased with the change but they try not to think about it.

The next morning, Dante goes missing. Hours later, a piece of him is found and their circus has been turned into a crime scene. Knowing very little about the world outside of their shows, the performers must try to move on while trying to figure out who killed Dante. As they search, they learn that that Dante had a secrets and their old home isn't as safe as they thought.
 
  Buy link  
 



 
CS Patra has been writing for a long time and has come up with many series on various subject matters. This is the first of the four book series that she has but not the last. She currently lives in NC with her familiy. 
 
 



 
 
 
 

Post a Comment