Thursday, September 19, 2013

Unspoken (Woodlands, #2) by Jen Frederick : Favorite Quotes and Spotlight

 





Title: Unspoken (Woodlands, #2) 

Author:  Jen Frederick 

Release date:  Sept. 12, 2013 

Age Group:  New Adult 

Genre: Contemporary Romance

 

Tour organized by: AToMR Tours; http://atomrbookblogtours.com

 

Unspoken links: 


Book Description:

 Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary.  

I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away.  To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me? 

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me. 

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered.  

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her.   

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.
 
 
 

Author’s Favorite Quotes from Unspoken

By Jen Frederick

 

“Just because we’re lab partners doesn’t mean we have to sit next to each other in class.” I frowned. 

            “I know.” Bo just grinned and pulled out my chair. “It’s a perk.”
 

            Author Note: Bo has some of the best lines in the story because he’s a smart ass.

 
            Her eyebrows shot up, but instead of the expected high-pitched yelp, her voice got lower. “Oh my God,” she said in clipped, low tones. “It’s a good thing there are still people in here because, I swear, if we were alone, I would stab you through the eye with a pen.” 

            “You know, a lot of people say that they’d do those things, but I’ve found few can actually follow through.” 

            Author Note:  Bo’s inclination toward fighting wanes throughout the story as AM becomes more physical.  By the end of the story I’m convinced that AM would have the guts to stab someone in the eye with a pencil. Given the right provocation.

 

Not wanting to admit that it was thoughts of Bo making me act unbearably, I held up my birth control case. “Why do I take these when I haven’t had sex in months?”

            “Because you’re in college and you might have sex?” (says Ellie, her best friend)

            “Why not just use condoms?”

            “Because you’re smart and thrifty.”

            “Thrifty?”

            “Yes, birth control is free from the health center. Condoms fail. Abortions cost money and having a baby is like eighty thousand times more expensive than that. Birth control is an economically sound decision.” Ellie spoke in calming tones, as if she knew one wrong word would send my head spinning around on my neck.

Author’s Note: Ellie is a math major and AnnMarie is an economics major. Discussing the relative value of any activity in their lives seemed like a very collegiate activity. 

 

“But he wasn’t doing anything. You show a woman you love her by what you do for her, from opening her door to making sure that bumps in the road of life are smoothed out. That she wants and worries for nothing. That when you think about sex, it’s her face in your fantasies, her body you’re touching, her lips you’re kissing. That every day you remind her that she’s the first thought in your mind when you wake up and the last thought before you drop off to sleep.”
 

Author’s Note: Bo and Am engage in a heated debate about whether Lloyd Dobbler’s standing outside in the rain holding up a boombox constitutes true love.  AM says yes but Bo disagrees. Bo argues that it is the small gestures peppered throughout the life of the relationship that reveal the true feelings one has for another.

 
 

 
UNDECLARED
(Woodlands, #1)
 
For four years, Grace Sullivan wrote to a Marine she never met, and fell in love. But when his deployment ended, so did the letters. Ever since that day, Grace has been coasting, academically and emotionally. The one thing she's decided? No way is Noah Jackson - or any man - ever going to break her heart again.
Noah has always known exactly what he wants out of life. Success. Stability. Control. That's why he joined the Marines and that's why he's fighting his way - literally - through college. Now that he's got the rest of his life on track, he has one last conquest: Grace Sullivan. But since he was the one who stopped writing, he knows that winning her back will be his biggest battle yet.
 

Undeclared links: 

 
 
 

 

Jen Frederick lives with her husband, child, and one rambunctious dog.  She's been reading stories all her life but never imagined writing one of her own. Jen loves to hear from readers so drop her a line at jensfrederick@gmail.com.
 
Author Social Media Links: 
Twitter - @JensFred; https://twitter.com/JenSFred 
 
 
 
Tour Wide Giveaway
(1) iPad mini for US/Canada or Apple Gift Card in the amount of an iPad Mini for International winner, and (5) Print copies of Unspoken with dog tags - International.



 
 






 
To see other stops on the tour for reviews, guest posts, and excerpts click here


No comments: