Monday, September 30, 2013

Operation Earth by Maria Hammarblad: Tens List

 






What are 10 weird things about you? 

 

Then weird things about me… How fun! =D
 

I don’t really like potato chips. I mean, I think I like them and I buy them, because the bags are so colorful and make chips look like the best thing ever. When I open the bag I’ll have two and think, “This is the most boring food ever.” Then, the bag sits on the countertop for weeks until the chips are stale enough to be thrown away.
 

I’ve always wanted to go to space. When I was a little girl I claimed my being on this planet was a mistake, and that my real family would come down in their spaceship at any moment to bring me home. (Yeah, that made my mom happy…)
 

I have a knack for technology, and I am awful at housework.
 

I don’t eat mammals. I can’t make myself consider them food.
 

I have really wide feet and they don’t fit well in pretty shoes. I’d love to wear heels, but in order to find a pair wide enough they’d be long as a canoe.
 

I have an intense dislike of phones. I enjoy talking to people face to face. I love texting, e-mailing, and connecting on Facebook. My cell phone is great, because it allows me to text, e-mail, and check social media, but I hate when it rings. I usually keep it in “do not disturb” mode so calls will go directly to voice mail. If you ask me to address a group of thousands of people and talk about a subject I don’t know, I’m fine and will somehow manage to be entertaining. Ask me to call someone, I’ll use any excuse to get out of it.
 

I’m Swedish, and moved to America late 2008. Thus, I learned English in school.
 

I don’t really like watching TV. It’s usually on in our home because my husband loves TV, but I do my best to ignore it.
 

I play the bass and used to play in three rock bands. Right now I don’t have time to tour and rehearse, but I hope to take it up again some time in the future.

 
I’m not afraid of a lot of things that could really be dangerous, but I’m terrified of spiders.







Operation Earth
Maria Hammarblad

Genre: SciFi

Release date: August 11, 2013

Seven billion people on Earth go about their daily lives, and no one is prepared when a global EMP slows the world to a crawl. With all our technology incapacitated, everything changes. Within days alien soldiers line the streets, and life will never be the same. Rachael struggles to adapt to the new order, doing her best to keep herself and her cat alive.

On a ship far above the planet surface, Peter just got his new Earth name, and can’t even remember his identity from the last world he visited. It’s another day on the job, one more world on a never-ending list. That is, until Rachael bumps into him, dropping exotic objects all around his feet. His culture taught him females should be obeyed and protected, but he never had an urge to leave himself at a woman’s mercy until now.

Rachael’s neighbor Ryan hounds her to join a brewing resistance movement and make a stand against the newcomers. She still befriends Peter, enthralled by his enigmatic personality and hypnotic golden eyes. Would falling in love with an alien be treason against humanity? When the rebellion gains momentum and open conflict with the newcomers is a fact, Rachael’s personal insurrection might be her doom, or bring salvation to us all.


 


Author Bio:

Born in Sweden in the early 1970's, Maria showed a large interest for books at an early age. Even before she was able to read or write, she made her mom staple papers together into booklets she filled with drawings of suns and planets. She proudly declared them, "The Sun Book." They were all about the sun. She also claimed, to her mother's horror, that her being on Earth was a big mistake and that her alien family would come and bring her home at any moment. This never happened, but both the interest in space and the passion for bookmaking stayed with her.

As an adult Maria's creativity got an outlet through playing bass in a number of rock bands, and through writing technical manuals and making web pages for various companies and organizations. She did write drafts for a few novels, but the storytelling muse was mostly satisfied through role playing online on Myspace. It was here, while writing stories together with people from around the globe, she stumbled onto Mike. They started talking out of character, and she moved over to Florida to him late 2008. Today the two are married and live in the Tampa Bay area with three rescue dogs.

Besides writing and playing bass, Maria enjoys driving off-road, archery, and Tameshigiri.

Upcoming releases

Borealis XII, to be released by Desert Breeze Publishing November 2013

Fun Facts

Favorite color:              Blue
Favorite food:               Chicken with cashew nuts
Doesn't eat:                  Mammals
Favorite TV Show:        Star Trek TNG and Leverage
Favorite animal:            Border Collie
Quotes:            "Full Speed Ahead" and "Caffeine is good for you"

Find Maria on the web

Website:                      http://www.hammarblad.com

Facebook:                   https://www.facebook.com/mariahammarblad

Blog:                            http://www.scifiromance.info

Twitter:                       @mariahammarblad


Publisher's website:       http://www.desertbreezepublishing.com


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: