10 Facts about For Everly by Raine Thomas
1. Male lead, Cole Parker, is a professional baseball player and has never worked another job.
2. Everly Wallace, the female lead, worked six different jobs before the age of eighteen.
3. The story is set in Atlanta, Georgia, where the author lived for twelve years.
4. Cole’s home is loosely based on a real house in the city, as is Everly’s grandfather’s.
5. Everly’s experience of nearly getting sandwiched between two tractor trailers on I-75/85 actually happened to one of the author’s friends.
6. Cole and Everly grew up less than fifteen miles from each other, but were in different school zones and didn’t meet before the story begins.
7. The story was written in six weeks…after having rattled around in the author’s head for months.
8. There was initially a different ending, but the author wanted something happier and changed it.
9. The scene with the accidental kiss wasn’t part of the outline. The characters did it “unscripted.”
10. Originally, the story was going to have a different villain.
Author: Raine Thomas
Release date: May 27, 2013
Publisher: Iambe Books, LLC
Age Group: New Adult (17+)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Tour organized by: AToMR Tours
Links to find the book:
For Everly Book Trailer Link: http://youtu.be/5P2oZJupu6U
Determined to overcome a dark and tragic past, college student Everly Wallace is only months away from earning her degree in physical therapy. She’s consumed with school, caring for her ailing grandfather, and figuring out how to pay the next bill. The last thing she wants is a relationship, but it just might be the one thing she needs.
Major League pitcher Cole Parker hasn’t fought for anything in his life. He went from a privileged upbringing to a multimillion dollar All-Star career. But when his pitching shoulder starts to give him trouble at only twenty-four years old, he faces the possibility of his injury becoming public knowledge and costing him everything.
In a desperate bid to save his career, Cole decides to hire someone to treat his injury, someone who will keep things off the record and out of the media. He finds the perfect solution in Everly. As mysterious as she is beautiful, she provides an enticing distraction from his pain. Soon, physical therapy is the last thing on his mind.
When an act of betrayal brings the truths they both fear to light, Cole will have to fight for the first time in his life…not just for his career, but for Everly’s love.
Raine Thomas is the award-winning author of a series of YA Fantasy/Romance novels about the Estilorian plane, including the Daughters of Saraqael Trilogy and the Firstborn Trilogy, and a New Adult Contemporary Romance, For Everly. She is a proud member of Romance Writers of America and is a contributing blogger to The Writer's Voice. When she isn’t planning weddings, writing, or glued to social networking sites, she can usually be found on one of Florida’s beautiful beaches with her husband and daughter or crossing the border to visit with her Canadian friends and relatives.
Author Social Media Links:
To see other stops on the tour for reviews, guest posts, and excerpt click here