Tuesday, September 17, 2013

1943 by Charlotte L. R. Kane: Interview

 





What was one of the most surprising things you learned while writing your books?

That you can do it. I know this is a simple thing to say but it really is the truth. Before I started I wrote here and there and didn’t ever think of becoming published but when the chance arose, I found that I was able to do it and I wanted to do it, and this was the most surprising thing. That I actually had the ability to write – not the best I will admit, but I can still do it.

 

What do you think makes a good story?

Good plot and characters help towards a good story but also good style of writing and the characters having a voice. I love a book where I am gripped from the first few pages and these are the books that will always stay in my mind.

 

Do you have any suggestions for beginning writers? If so, what are they?

Don’t give up. If you have an idea and you want to do it. Then do it. Don’t make excuses, don’t put yourself down, just write it. You will be happy that you have taken that step.

 

How do you react to a bad review of your book?

I take the information on board. I am not going to grow as an author and learn what needs to be changed if I don’t take the advice. Yes it hurts but at the end of the day you can have an opinion and I will try and take what they have said on board and use it for the next story.

 

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thank you.

 

Do you have a Website or Blog?


 

Is there a writer you idolize? If so who?

JK Rowling. She was rejected 18 times before she made it and she makes me realise that I can do it. She didn’t give up and now she is one of the most beloved authors there is.








It’s 1943 and Britain is in the midst of a war. Edward Henderson is sailing around the seas, aiding serving the country in the waters. Rose Jones is an eighteen year old nurse who is stationed in a local hospital and saving those who are admitted. Through a pen pal scheme that was organised during the time, Edward and Rose’s worlds are brought together.

As the months advanced and the autumn started to set in Rose and Edward realise that there is more to their relationship than the letters. Over the three months they have been writing they have fallen in love with each other. But with the war going on will those two people get to meet and finally have a chance of happiness during the hardest of times?

 

LINKS:

 
 
 
 

 
 
Charlotte L R Kane is a new author whose first book, Whisper - a collection of short stories was published to Kindle on September 15th 2012. Her second book, Tea Time Tales - a collection for 250 words and poetry, was published onto Kindle on December 16th 2012. She is currently working on two more books she is hoping to have published in 2013. Charlotte has been writing for many years until the opportunity arose for her to become published. Her favourite genres are short stories, crime/thriller and supernatural. She currently resides in Swansea, South Wales, and by day works as an Admin Officer in her Local Authority. She enjoys writing but doesn't get to work on her books as much as she would like. She is an avid reader who enjoys authors such as Stephenie Meyer, JK Rowling, Kathy Reichs, LJ Smith, SJ Wardell, Maggie Steifvater and Rachel Caine.


For more information and updates about the work that Charlotte is currently working on please visit http://charlottekane.wordpress.com
 


Charlotte L R Kane
Author

Twitter: Charl88

 
 
 

No comments: