Saturday, August 17, 2013

To Catch a Princess by Caridad Pineiro: Interview and Excerpt

 






Welcome Caridad! I’m so excited to host you and your new book today! How did you start your writing career? 

In the fifth grade my teacher gave the class an assignment:  to write a book for a class lending library.  I had always been an avid reader and also, I’d always had stories in my head, but this was the first time that it occurred to me that I could put those stories on paper.  After that, I knew that I wanted to be a writer.  I kept on writing during high school, college and law school.  Got a little sidetracked with work, but after my daughter was born, I decided that I had to show her that you had to reach for your dreams.  In my case, that meant trying to get published.  It took several years, but I was finally able to sell my first book, NOW AND ALWAYS, which I’ve actually just re-released! 


Where do you dream of traveling to and why?
 

Because of my job I’ve been able to travel to lots of fun and different places, but there are still a lot of places I’d love to go.  I’d like to go to Chichen Itza to see the pyramid as well as Macchu Picchu.  I’d also like to go to Venice, Monaco, and Hong Kong.  Plus, I’d really like to see more of America, like the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore!
 

Does travel play in the writing of your books? 

Travel does play a big role in my books as I often will set my stories in places I have been lucky to visit.  Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case in TO CATCH A PRINCESS as I haven’t been able to visit Monaco, although it’s on my bucket list.  But I have set quite a number of books in locations that I visited personally.  For example, NOW AND ALWAYS and FAITH IN YOU are set in Miami where I’ve been lucky enough to visit.  THE LOST, THE CLAIMED and THE PRINCE’S GAMBLE were set in New Jersey where I live.  THE CALLING/REBORN series is set all over Manhattan, where I work.


Tell us about your current release.
 

TO CATCH A PRINCESS is a romantic suspense about an arranged marriage, a royal living in hiding and a series of high end jewelry heists that threaten an upcoming charity event in Monaco.  It’s action-packed, but also very romantic and emotional. 


Tell us about your next release.
 

My next release is in THE CALLING/REBORN Vampire novel series.  The title is FOR LOVE OR VENGEANCE: THE REBORN and it’s the story of Nemesis, the Goddess of Justice (aka FBI Agent Helene Alexander) and how her quest for vengeance is nearly ruined by her attraction to a mere mortal, FBI Agent Miguel Sanchez.  In the story, Helene and Miguel are trying to track down a serial killer before he strikes again.


What was your first sale as an author?
 

My first sale as an author was to Kensington Publishing.  The title of the book was NOW AND ALWAYS and it’s a contemporary romance.  I’m happy to say that NOW AND ALWAYS and its sequel, FAITH IN YOU, have both been re-released.  Very exciting for me that these books are available again.  They both got 4 stars from RT Book Reviews and they are sexy, humorous and emotional stories about two sisters finding their happily-ever-afters.


When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?
 

During the week, I write in the morning and afternoon on my commute to and from work.  On weekends, I get up early and put in about two or three hours of writing before heading out to finish chores or take a long walk.

Where do you research for your books?
 

I research my books on the Internet, in libraries and if possible, with person-to-person interviews or visits to the places in the books. 


Do you play any sports?
 

I used to play softball, tennis, volleyball and field hockey.  Now I do some tennis, some yoga, some swimming/paddleboarding and lots of going to the gym to use the stationary bike and weights.
 
 

 
 
New York Times and USA Today bestselling paranormal and romantic suspense author Caridad Pineiro wrote her first novel in the fifth grade when her teacher assigned a project – to write a book for a class lending library. Bitten by the writing bug, Caridad continued with her passion for the written word and in 1999, Caridad’s first novel was released. Over a decade later, Caridad is the author of more than thirty published novels and novellas. When not writing, Caridad is an attorney, wife and mother to an aspiring writer and fashionista.
 
 
Caridad’s Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
 
 
 

About To Catch a Princess

To Catch a Princess 450Untold wealth, a loving family, a solid career in America: the only thing Princess Tatiana lacks is the one thing she really doesn’t want—a husband. Unfortunately, her parents have just arranged her marriage to a royal from the old country. Are they kidding? It’s the twenty-first century!
Police Detective Peter Roman is a royal living incognito … and escaping a secret that has haunted his family for years. He’s been quietly in love with his best friend Prince Alexander’s sister for as long as he can remember. Little does she know that he is secretly the Grand Duke to whom she is unwillingly betrothed…
When a series of high-end jewelry heists threatens Tatiana’s exclusive charity exhibition in glamorous Monaco, the two must trap the clever jewel thief before he strikes again. In a fight for their lives, Peter’s secret identity is revealed. With danger and passion increasing to the breaking point, she must decide: catch a thief…or trust the heart of her true love.



 
 
Despite his family’s wealth, Peter had never flown in a private jet.
It was a completely different experience, and one he wasn’t quite sure he liked. But then again, he wasn’t a fan of flying under any circumstances.
Logic told him this was a far safer mode of transportation than a car or train, and that crashing was less likely than getting hit by lightning, but he couldn’t keep from imagining that every little bump or whine of the engines was the beginning of a death plummet.
As the plane banked to one side and the cabin rattled with a bit of turbulence, he clenched his hands on the arms of his seat and gritted his teeth.
He must have made some kind of noise because Tatiana looked up from the papers she had been reading for the last hour or so. “Looking green, much?”
“I’m fine,” he managed to bite out past the tension in his jaw.
She grinned with amusement, then contained it. Unbuckling, she walked to the seat that faced his and sat. “Took me a bunch of flights before I got used to it, too.”
“Feel like a fool,” he admitted, thinking that he was losing hero points with her in a major way.
She laid her hand on the taut muscles of his thigh and smoothed it reassuringly. “Let’s get your mind off the flight.”
His eyebrows shot up in surprise, one thought paramount about how she could accomplish that.
As she realized where his mind had gone, she blushed, and waved her hands. “No way, not the mile high club.”
“Hell, no.  Alexander would shoot me just for thinking about it,” he kidded, and actually managed a chuckle, but his comment only brought additional color to Tatiana’s cheeks.
“You thought about it? Really?” she asked with a slight stammer.
The plane did another little bounce, but the last thing he was thinking about now was dying. All he could think about was Tatiana and him in the bedroom on the plane, making love.
“You’re a beautiful woman, Tatiana. I’d have to be dead not to think about about it,” he confessed.

 





Giveaway Prizes

US Participants Only

Post a Comment