Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Posse by Tawdra Kandle: Interview







Welcome back, Tawdra!  I'm so excited you're here today! 
 
 
 
How did you start your writing career?  I always liked to tell stories, and I began writing when I was in elementary school. I had a short story published in Child’s Life magazine when I was thirteen. But as school became more demanding, I gave more of my energy and attention to academic writing. Over the next years, I had lots of story ideas and jotted down notes, but I was busy with parenting and homeschooling. It wasn’t until 2008 that all events converged—I began writing my first novel, and I finished it in about four months. Once I had one book complete, the others rolled along easily!

 

Are the names of the characters in your novels important?  How and why?

Oh, absolutely! Names are essential. When a character comes to me, I have to note down the name right away; if I forget it, it drives me crazy. And most names have some sort of significance. In THE POSSE, Jude came to me with her complete name. It just seemed to reflect her personality: strong and a little sassy! Logan was named for my favorite character on Veronica Mars.


 

Entice us, what future projects are you considering? Right now, I am writing two new adult novels. One is a stand-alone called Best Served Cold, and the other is the first book in the Serendipity Duet, called Undeniable. That’s Rafe’s book, a spin-off from The King Series. And then the second book in that duet will be Unquenchable, Nell’s book. Following that, I will be working on my adult series, Recipes for Death.

 

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?  My husband is extremely supportive! He helps make my life possible and is always talking about my books. . .unfortunately, he is a hospice chaplain, so he doesn’t usually hit my target audience. My children are also huge cheerleaders. My third daughter, Cate, does so much for our household. She is also always my first reader. . .until this book. She drew the line at the adult scenes! (She’s seventeen.)


Do you listen to music while writing? If so what? Always. I have eclectic musical tastes, so it can be anything from country to alt rock to classical to folk. . .for The Posse, I dug into my roots and listened to all ‘80’s music. Check out the play list at the end of the book.

 

What are your favorite TV shows? For laughter, nothing beats The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. I also watch all the old episodes of Friends, because I can recite almost every line and it still makes me cry with laughter every time. My favorite dramas include Supernatural, Grimm and Elementary. This time of year, I am digging my summer dramas: Major Crimes, Blue Collar, Covert Affairs and Perception.




The Posse

Being a widow at the age of forty-four was never in Jude Hawthorne’s plans. After her husband’s death, she’s left with her family’s beach restaurant and two nearly-grown children. The last thing she’s looking for is another chance at love.
However, if her husband’s best friends, the Posse, have anything to say about it, love is just what she’s going to get. The Posse is determined to take care of Jude, and when they decide the best way to do that is for one of them to sweep her off her feet, three begin to vie for her affections. But only one can reach her heart.

In a story of friendship, loss and second chances, Jude will learn her life is far from being over.



Purchase - Amazon / Barnes and Noble / iTunes



Join us August 14 - 16 to get to know Tawdra Kandle and her books on Facebook


Twitter Chat with Author Tawdra Kandle August 20 @ 9pm EST #ThePosse





Tawdra Kandle

Tawdra Kandle is the author of THE KING SERIES, a young adult urban fantasy quartet. Born in South Jersey, Tawdra published her first short story at the age of 13 in Child’s Life magazine. During the early years of her marriage and motherhood, she wrote articles and columns on parenting and homeschooling, as well as some homeschooling curriculum. THE KING SERIES is her first published full-length fiction. Tawdra currently lives in central Florida with her husband, and children, both skin and fur types. And yes, she has purple hair.



Follow Tawdra Kandle:
Website / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Literary Addicts / Goodreads /Amazon





Follow the Tour:








Tawdra Kandle is giving away a Beach Basket with earrings, Shell necklace, yummy scents, and a $10 Amazon GC. Fill out the form below to enter.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


1 comment:

Tawdra said...

Thanks for the fun interview, Laurie! Always love stopping by your beautiful blog.