Saturday, August 10, 2013

Secrets Revealed by Katie McKnight: Interview

 


 
Welcome Katie. Thanks for stopping in.  How did you start your writing career?
My husband underwent open-heart surgery at twenty-five years old to repair a hole in his heart.  This was the first grown up problem in our marriage and I had a difficult time dealing with it.  I began journaling as a way to express my fears.   Journaling turned into fictional stories.  Twenty years later, Secrets Revealed was born (and my husband’s heart is healthy). 
Tell us about your current release.
My suspenseful-romance novel is entitled Secrets Revealed. The story is about a Broadway actress named Melanie O’Shaughnessy and her new husband, Hollywood heartthrob Ryan Carlisle.  Work obligations force the young couple to live on opposite ends of the country a good part of the year. With their latest projects completed, they leave work, fans and the paparazzi behind to enjoy an overdue holiday vacation.
 
When a secret from Melanie’s past brings the celebration to a horrifying halt, Melanie fears a public scandal.  What she doesn’t realize, is someone in her life is masterminding a plan for murder.
 
Who is your book published with?
 
Eternal Press, a division of Damnation Books, LLC.
 
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
 
I wanted to be an actress.  I acted in school plays during high school and planned to pursue acting after graduation.  My parents had a different plan.  We all agreed that acting would come after I finished college.  Three months after graduation, I enrolled in Community theatre and scored a small role in a musical production.  Then I met my husband and my priorities changed.  I am now a wife, a mother to three handsome sons and writing about actors is the closest I come to the stage.
 
If I came to visit you early in the morning would you impress me as being more like a chirpy bird or a grumpy bear?
 
It would depend on the time of year.  During the summer months, the birds fly in my window, grab my robe out of the closet and they hold it in the air while I slip it on.  We sing throughout the process. 
 
The reason birds fly south for the winter is most likely because of moms like me who have to get three unwilling teenaged boys to school.  The morning routine turns me into a grizzly bear.
 
If you could change lives with any of your characters for a day, which character would you choose and why?
I would change lives (for one day) with Melanie, the protagonist in my book.  The exchange would have to be before her secrets were revealed. I have enough drama on my own to get involved in fictional drama.  Melanie lives in Manhattan, my favorite city.  I love to visit Broadway when I am in the city.  A thrill runs through my body the moment I sit in the theatre and I get teary-eyed when the shows end. I can only imagine how exciting it must be to perform on a Broadway stage. 
What are your favorite TV shows?
On Long Island we have a station that runs real-life murder mystery programs twenty-four hours a day.  My husband calls it the husband-killing channel.  It frightens him, but I am addicted to that channel. 


 
 
Release date:  August 1
How far would you go to keep your secrets?

Broadway actress, Melanie O’Shaughnessy and her new husband, Hollywood heartthrob Ryan Carlisle, lived on opposite ends of the country a good part of the year. With their latest projects completed, they leave work, fans, and the paparazzi behind to enjoy an overdue holiday vacation.

When a secret from Melanie’s past brings the celebration to a horrifying halt, Melanie fears a public scandal. What she doesn’t realize, is someone in her life is masterminding a plan for murder.



 
Katie McKnight lives on Long Island with her husband, three sons, and their boxer. She is a member of the Farmingdale Writer's Group and the Long Island Writer's Guild. Katie has completed Mystery Writing and Advanced Fiction courses through Queens College and Piedmont Community College, respectively.


My links:

Blog: http://www.writergirlkatie.wordpress.com

Website: Katie-McKnight-author.com

Facebook: Facebook.com/katiemcknightauthorpage

Twitter:  KatieMc3boysmom

Post a Comment