Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Love in Darkness by E.M. Tippetts: Guest Post and Spotlight


 





Tour Information

Title: Love in Darkness (Shattered Castles, #2)

Author: E.M. Tippetts

Release date: May 21, 2013

Age Group: New Adult

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Tour organized by: AToMR Tours





Love in Darkness 

Alex had everything when he was with Madison. But the darkness within him wouldn't go away. After two years apart, he returns to Pelican Bluffs and to the girl he never wanted to leave.  

Madison wants to give their love another chance, but Alex can't fight fate. He is what he is. Ruined. Crazy like his mother. And Madison deserves so much more. When his secrets spill out into their small town, Alex has a choice to make. Hide away in the darkness forever, or let love in.


Links to find/buy your books:
 

 

Castles on the Sand (Shattered Castles, #1)


 
 
Castles on the Sand 

If there’s one thing Madison Lukas understands, it’s pain. The pain she feels when her mother ignores her completely. The pain her best friend endures as her parents starve her as punishment. The pain of a dangerous boy whose mother has to be carried away by law enforcement on a regular basis. 

She gets it. She feels the pain of others as if it were her own. 

But when a mysterious man claiming to be her long lost brother appears with promises of relieving her suffering, trusting him could reveal more truths than Madison is ready for. Because the truth can hurt, too.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

AUTHORS FAVORITE QUOTES FROM LOVE IN DARKNESS
By E.M. Tippetts
 
Dating Madison was like having some stranger give me the keys to a Ferrari. I had no idea why an idiot like me was entrusted with something so precious, but I knew I’d wreck it sooner or later.
*
I don’t want to kiss back, but at the same time, I can’t resist. She runs her fingers through my hair and the kiss goes on and on until I’ve got both arms wrapped tight around her and I’m drinking in her essence, liquid fire that pools in my core.
*
“I love you.” I don’t mean to say it, but it slips out, my whisper barely loud enough for me to hear it myself.
Madison’s chin snaps up. “What?”
I shake my head, willing her not to press me.
“Alex-”
I start to pull away but she reels me back in, not by force, but with her gaze. Her eyes beg me not to leave. She puts one arm around my waist again and slides her other hand up my back. “It’ll be all right. Everything will be all right,” she says.
*
I couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t take having a real live angel act like I was worth talking to. I wanted her and I had one strategy that might work, assuming Madison lost her senses completely.
*
My first memory of my mom’s schizophrenia is of her, locked in the bathroom of our home back in California, shrieking that “they” were coming in the windows. I was maybe four years old, and the only one able to talk to her because she always lapses into Japanese when she gets scared. I didn’t know how to call the police.
*
“You broke her heart and then ground the pieces into dust and then dumped the dust off the end of the world and then laughed it all off.”
“I didn’t laugh.”
“Oh gee, that makes you so decent.”

 
 


 

 

Emily Mah Tippetts writes romance under the name E.M. Tippetts and science fiction and fantasy under the name Emily Mah. Originally from New Mexico, she now lives in London with her family. Before she was a published author, she was an attorney who specialized in real estate, contracts, and estate planning, especially literary estate planning.

 

Author Social Media Links:


twitter.com/emtippetts

facebook.com/emtippetts




 


 
 

 

Tour Giveaway

(5) Print Copies of Love in Darkness – International

Approx. value = $60 USD


a Rafflecopter giveaway




Post a Comment