Saturday, July 6, 2013

Overexposed by Adrianne James: Interview

 


 
Welcome Adrianne.  I'm thrilled your visiting today!  Tell us about your current release.
My current release, Overexposed, is a young adult mystery novel focused more on friendship and doing the right thing when it's not the easy thing. 
Tell us about your next release.
The Tempering is the first book in a New Adult Paranormal Romance series due out in September. Mackenzie Duncan has heard life turned upside down when a lone wolf tries to turn her into a tasty snack. Mackenzie begins to notice things are changing in her life and while she knew something was going on, she had no idea of the severity of that fateful night until the next full moon when she turns for the first time. Leaving everything in her human life behind, Mackenzie embarks on a journey that started from self hatred and ended up with her finding others and a pack to call her own. Mackenzie learns about her new self as a wolf and more than a little about love. When it comes time to make a decision, her pack and loyalty to those who took her in and loved her as their own or to what she believes in her heart is the right thing to do, she has not one but two men standing with her.  
Where do you dream of traveling to and why?
Oh this answer could go on for ages! I want to travel the world, not only for writing inspiration but as a photographer the amount of natural beauty that still exists in this world is vast. I would start with the main touristy areas of course. Paris, London, Tokyo, Bei Jing, Sydney. But then I would go to Wales because my father's side of the family is Welsh, and then perhaps to Poland to explore my husband's heritage. I want to go to the Galapagos and the rainforests in South America. I want to go on an African Safari and take a cruise to the south pole just to say I've been there. I'm sure there would be some story come to mind as I took in all the new experiences. 
When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?
I usually write in the mornings twice a week and at night whenever my husband gets home in time for me to sneak out of the house to concentrate on my writing. With two children getting quiet time is a rarity, especially now that school is out for summer break!
Does your significant other read your stuff?
My husband has read both of my releases and is looking forward to my next book. I won't let him see it until I have at least gone over it a few times and gotten notes back from my beta. But as soon as I am confident in letting others read it, he will have a copy. He is actually really great at seeing little details that I miss after reading it a million times over.
What group did you hang out with in high school?
In high school I hung out with a bunch of different groups, but I would say I spent the most time with the Marching band and the Radio/Television group. Yup, I was (am) the geeky girl but I embrace it!
Entice us, what future projects are you considering?
Future projects huh? Well as I said earlier, the Mackenzie Duncan series will be my next three releases, but after that I have some New Adult contemporary romances coming out (think sexy cowboys, well intentioned bad boys, and a millionaire not quite willing to share his woman).




In the tiny town of Willowspring, just about nothing ever happens except for layoffs, hockey games, and your average melodramatic teenage angst.

But that was before.

Vi, Ashley, and Macy are just trying to make it through the school year without one more humiliation when they team up for a simple photography assignment: create a story through a series of photographs. Can't be too much trouble, right?

Wrong.

The shutterbugs happen upon Willowspring High School's darkest secret. When everything around them starts to crumble after trying to do the right thing, their only hope is to stick together.




Growing up, Adrianne couldn't get her hands on enough books to satisfy her need for the make believe. If she finished a novel and didn't have a new one ready and waiting for her, she began to create her own tales of magic and wonder. Now, as an adult, books still make up majority of her free time, and now her tales get written down to be shared with the world.

During the day, Adrianne uses her camera to capture life's stories for clients of all ages and at night, after her two children are tucked in bed; she devotes herself to her written work. Adrianne is living the life she always wanted, surrounded by art and beauty, the written word and a loving family.

As a young adult and new adult author, Adrianne James has plans to bring stories of growing characters, a little romance, and perhaps a little magic and mythology down the line for her readers to enjoy.

Website  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Goodreads



No comments: