Thursday, July 11, 2013

King by R J Larson: Character Interview and Excerpt








Character interview with Kien Lantec, former ambassador,
judge-in-training, and Lord of Aeyrievale.


Where do you dream of traveling to and why?

Home. I long to see my family in the Tracelands. I've been separated from them recently, and the couriers are unreliable. I want them to know that I'm well. For today, at least.

 

Who is your favorite author?

My Creator, the Infinite. His sacred verses have changed my life--as has His most courageous prophet, Ela of Parne.

 

What was the scariest moment of your life?

Difficult question. I cannot decide if it was the day my servants and I were attacked in Istgard, or when I was confronted by venomous scalns, or when I believed I'd lost Ela. That's it--the instant I believed I'd lost Ela.

 

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A proper judge and a productive citizen of the Tracelands. I still hope I have the chance to do so. However, I refuse to be a statesman like my father. Too many stuffy receptions.

 

What are your favorite TV shows?

What is a TV show? Tell me; now I'm curious.

 

Well… I don’t know how to explain that in a way you would believe me. So, next question, What is your favorite meal?

Anything Ela cooks. She would never be so cruel as to serve me Bannulk cheese.

 

What are you passionate about these days?

I believe Ela and I would both say, "Serving my Creator, the Infinite." He's sent us on many adventures, and we've survived thus far.

 

What do you do to unwind and relax?

I read the Books of the Infinite, race destroyers, and follow Ela. Not that she needs me to protect her, but...I prefer to be near if she requires help.

 

If you could apologize to someone in your past, who would it be?

Maseth the assassin. I misjudged him initially, and I think of him often. I do wish I could find his family and comfort them--he loved them, as any man of honor should.

 

What would we find under your bed?

The Bannulk I've managed to remove from my plate when the servants aren't looking.

 

Is there a piece of advice that you have received that has really stuck
with you? If so, what was it?

"Obey the Infinite." Ela's advice. Ignore it at your peril--trust me, I know.
 
 




King by R.J. Larson


Fantasy Meets the Old Testament in a Novel That Will Reach Readers of All Ages.

Against his wishes and desires, Akabe of Siphra has been chosen by his people to be King. But what does a warrior know of ruling during peacetime? Guided by the Infinite, Akabe seeks to rebuild the Temple in the city of Munra to give the sacred books of Parne a home. But dangerous factions are forming in the background. To gain the land he needs, Akabe must forsake the yearnings of his heart and instead align himself through marriage to the Thaenfall family.

Meanwhile, Kien Lantec and Ela Roeh are drawn still closer together...while becoming pawns in a quest to gain power over the region. As questions of love and faith become tangled with lies and murderous plots, each must seek the Infinite to guide them through an ever more tangled web of intrigue and danger.


 
 
 
 
 
[Prophet, Ela of Parne, at a feast with Akabe, Siphra's king.]
 
A hired servant brought cups, then filled them with juice from a metal pitcher beaded with moisture. They all waited until the king lifted his cup. Following his lead, they drank.
        Ela couldn't help draining her juice, despite its tartness. Let Tamri and Prill frown at her appalling manners—she was thirsty. Finished, she looked for the servant, but he’d vanished.
Beside her, little Barth grumbled, “Mine tastes sour.”
        Akabe grimaced at the pitcher left in their midst. “True. The aftertaste is bitter.”
        Aware of an unpleasant icy burning around her lips and down her throat, Ela flung aside her cup. “Majesty…!”
        She wrenched Barth’s half-empty cup from his small hands. He already looked sick.
        Matron Prill threw down her own cup and said the word Ela feared to voice.
        “Poison!”
 
 


 
Author R. J. Larson
R. J. Larson is the author of numerous devotionals featured in publications such as Women's Devotional Bible and Seasons of a Woman's Heart. She lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado, with her husband and their two sons. Prophet marks her debut in the fantasy genre.

















Giveaway Details
$25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash
Ends 7/23/13


a Rafflecopter giveaway


1 comment:

desiree reilly said...

this loolk like book i be inteseted in