Monday, July 8, 2013

Hollywood Strip by Shamron Moore: Interview: PUYB Tour Stop

 





Welcome Shamron. Thanks for agreeing to answer some questions. It’s great having you here. Have any of your characters been modeled after yourself?

  Callie, Hollywood Strip’s leading lady, is based on me--at least in part.  We’re both driven, impetuous, and aren’t afraid to take chances.  I--like Callie--moved out to Hollywood from Michigan in my early twenties, without having ever set foot on the West Coast or knowing a soul there.  All in the name of The Hollywood Dream.

 

  Do you have any special routines or rituals?

  I’m absolutely fanatical about my nightly skincare routine.  Cleanser, exfoliator, anti-wrinkle serum, eye cream, neck cream.  Even if I’m dead tired, I go through this whole rigmarole.

 

  What songs are most played on your Ipod?

  Sometimes Top 40, sometimes Sinatra or Dean Martin or Johnny Cash, and often Nirvana’s Unplugged CD.  I love the stripped-down version of “Polly.”  There’s a line in particular, written by Cobain, that has always resonated with me:  It amazes me, the will of instinct.  I like that line so much, I had The Will of Instinct tattooed on my inner wrist several years ago, before I hung up my tattoo hat.  

 

You did some acting before you wrote Hollywood Strip.  What was your very first role?

  My first role was for a small movie called Totally Blonde.  I was waiting tables on Sunset--this was just a few weeks after I rolled into town--and served drinks to a guy who happened to be directing a new movie.  He was looking to cast the role of a waitress and offered me the part.  I only had a line or two, but it got me into the union (SAG), and it’s kind of ironic how it came about.  The film starred a then unknown singer, Michael Buble.

 

  What was the scariest moment of your life?

  I was driving on the highway back in Detroit and hit black ice.  My car skidded across the road and whipped around several times before crashing into the shoulder.  My life really did flash before my eyes, without a doubt.  Luckily, I didn’t hit any traffic and wasn’t hurt.  But my car was totaled.

 

  Do you have a favorite quote, quip, or saying? What is it?

  I have always loved a quote from Oscar Wilde:  “The only thing in the world worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”

 

  Do you have a Website or Blog?

  ShamronMoore.com is my website.

 

  Use no more than two sentences. Why should we read your book?

  It’s sassy, sexy, and sincere, the perfect read for these hot summer months.  What other reason do you need? ;-)



Callie is a plucky young woman who knows exactly what she wants: fame, fortune, and a fabulous career as a Hollywood actress. A starring role in an unlikely hit movie and a romance with a sexy, chart-topping singer brings her instant notoriety. But in the City of Angels, overnight success is a breeding ground for money-hungry leeches and privacy-robbing paparazzi. She quickly discovers life as an on-the-rise starlet is not as glamorous as she once envisioned.





Purchase your copy at AMAZON.








Shamron Moore became fascinated with Hollywood at a young age.  She counts Ava Gardner, Greta Garbo, and Sharon Tate as early inspirations.  In 2000, she left her home state of Michigan for the excitement of Los Angeles.  Over the course of nearly eight years, she appeared in various international print publications, commercials, television shows, and feature films.  She left the industry to focus on writing, one of her lifelong passions.  Many of her experiences in Hollywood served as inspiration for Hollywood Strip.  She has since written a sequel and is currently penning her third novel.  You can visit Shamron at www.ShamronMoore.com.



Her latest book is Hollywood Strip.

 

Connect & Socialize with Shamron!





 
 
 
 
 



No comments: