Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Time Killer by Todd M. Thiede: Interview

 
 


 

What genre are you most comfortable writing? I am most comfortable writing mystery because I have a great imagination.  My wife hates watching shows like SVU and CSI with me because I am really good at solving who did what and why.
 

When and why did you begin writing? I started writing at a very young age.  I wrote stories in school and in seventh grade I actually wrote my first book. It wasn’t very long but it was a murder mystery.  The Junior High Murders was the title.  I didn’t get a good grade on it because my teacher thought it was too gory for her.  I have always been interested in mysteries because of my natural investigative mind.  
 

What’s your favorite place in the entire world? My favorite place in the entire world is anywhere my wife is.  I truly enjoy spending time with her and my kids.  If I could write full time and spend time with my family that would make me the happiest man alive.
 

What are some of the best tools available today for writers, especially those just starting out? The best tools available today are all on your computer.  Spell check and grammar check.  These do not compare to a good editor though.  The editor is the most important thing for any writer.  You can read and read your own book but you will always miss something.  The editor won’t.
 

What do you do to unwind and relax? I like to watch movies and hang with my family.  I would rather be hanging out with them more than anything.  When they are at school, work, or wherever and I am alone I like to play video games to escape the world around me.
 

Can you tell us about your main character? Max Larkin is a young detective that has been a detective for 6 years.  He is only 29 but has always been considered a prodigy.  To be only 29 and be a detective for 6 years is very unusual and he just got a female partner that is equally gifted.  she got promoted at a young age as well.   
 

Can we expect any more books from you in the future? I must say you should expect a few more at the very least.  I truly enjoy putting my mind to work on stories for other people to read.  I get a kick out of reading reviews for my book.  Even the not so good ones.  It gives me an insight for the next book.
 

What are your current writing projects now? I am currently writing book two of the Max Larkin detective series.  This is one is called “Lies to Die For”.  It follows our two young detectives in Rockton Illinois yet again. 
 

What are your goals as a writer? My goals are to write full time and have the Max Larkin detective series be a top seller.  I would like to have Max Larkin be in about 8 books total.  I am currently writing the second one now and should be done in about 2 months.

 

 
 
 
In the small city of Rockton, Illinois, someone is tired of waiting. He’s tired of standing in line at the grocery store and tired of waiting at the drive-through line. Now he’s doing something about it.
 
The first murder rocks the city. The entire Bjornson family—except the father, Stephen—has been brutally murdered, and the killer has left a message behind, written in the victim’s blood: Don’t Waste People’s Time. It’s a grizzly start for two young detectives who’ve just become partners. But Max Larkin and Jesse Fairlane put their personal distaste for each other aside and start concentrating on how to find the killer from striking again.

As they investigate the scene of the crime and interview Stephen at the hospital, the clues slowly begin to add up. Could this be a deranged killer who struck ten years ago and has now returned to the area? Before they can answer that question, another murder is reported, and Max and Jesse suddenly realize they have a serial killer on the loose.

But as they get closer to the truth, a past memory begins to haunt Max, one that might lead to a break in the case—or the end of his career.
 
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Mystery / Thriller
Rating – PG

 
 
 



Todd M. Thiede is the author of "Time Killer", a murder mystery set in the small town of Rockton, Illinois. The town is rocked by a serial killer on the loose and 2 young detectives get paired up to try and find him before he kills again.

According to Kirkus reviews (the toughest book reviewer in the business):
A fast-paced thriller centered on a brutal, time-obsessed serial killer.
The expression "killing time" rarely means murder, but here, the victims of a serial killer must pay for time they've wasted, often with both their money and their lives. In a brutal scene from the opening chapter, an entire family is murdered after a stranger invades the family's home and accuses the patriarch of wasting his time. Veteran cop Max Larkin is on the case. Unfortunately, he's also been assigned a new partner; though she's green in the field--she has "very sad eyes" and prays upon arriving at the first crime scene--she gives the hardened old detective a new perspective he never knew he needed. But as the serial killer claims more victims, a pattern emerges that neither Max nor his new partner can ignore. With brisk pacing, Thiede's debut brims with action, violence and, occasionally, emotion. Though the book takes a while to find its heart, procedural fans will feel right at home. Larkin feels like a guy worth rooting for, despite filling the shoes of the beaten-down, grizzled, old loner cop trope a little too well. His interactions with his new partner, plus the twists and revelations regarding his past, give him enough of a pass to get readers invested in the story
and looking forward to his next outing. Larkin's story doesn't break any boundaries, but it'll keep crime and thriller fans wrapped up in its twisting plot, fast pace and memorable detective. Plenty of shock value and a charismatic, if formulaic, male lead.

Todd's new book "Time Killer" is available on amazon kindle for only 1.99 for and excerpt just go to www.toddthiede.com
 
 
Connect with Todd M. Thiede on Facebook & Twitter
 

 
 


Next Tour Stop
3rd May – Book Review at Devoted Mommy of 3
4th May – Author Interview, Guest Post & Book Feature at Talisman Book Publishing
 

 
 



Post a Comment