Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lighthouse Short Stories by Carol Carroll: Interview

 



Welcome Carol.  It’s wonderful having you return to visit – this time with your book of romantic short stories!   What one word best describes you?
 

First thing, I want to thank you, Laurie, for having me here on your website. It’s grand of you to have a site where readers and writers can become acquainted.
 

My one word description would be steadfast; meaning dedicated, reliable, not subject to change: firm in belief, determination, and adherence: loyal.
 

Do your friends think you are an introvert or an extravert? Why?
 

Gosh, I guess you would have to ask my friends! To venture a guess, I’d say they see me as an extravert who also enjoys some quiet, private time. I enjoy people and having fun. I’ve never been shy, but I do need some ‘me time’ once in a while.
 

Where do you dream of traveling to and why?
 

While growing up, my parents took the family on many road trips, so we got to see most of the continental states in the U.S. Since then, I have traveled through the rest of the forty-eight connected states. Therefore my dream is to go to Alaska and Hawaii in order to visit the last two. We live in such an interesting land with so many wonders to see, I never tire of traveling to places I’ve not seen before.
 

When in the day/night do you write? How long per day?
 

I get very focused when I’m writing. I spend many hours during the day and a lot at night also, sitting at my computer absorbed in my story. Only real life happenings and responsibilities can pull me out of my imaginary worlds when I’m in the writing mode.
 

What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?
 

My husband is supportive of my writing. He shares in it as far as helping me understand a man’s point of view. And when it comes to fight scenes, he is my go to man to be sure. There are times he feels the writing is taking too much of my time, and he says so. Then I need to come back to my real world and be with him more. My children are grown and have busy lives of their own, but they encourage my writing. My family always comes first in my life.
 

Tell us about your family.
 

My husband, Marv, is an upstanding, reliable and loving man. He’s a hard worker who’s been an industrial arts school teacher, a carpenter, and a cabinet maker. He’s going to retire at the end of this month, so he’ll (we’ll) be starting a whole new chapter in our book of life.
 

I have two middle aged children. My oldest, Tad, is a family man who works in graphic design. He has two grown children who light up my life. My baby, Tammy, is now forty-two years old and has two grown daughters who always bring smiles to my face, too. Her oldest has three children age three and under. It is wonderful to have babies in the family again! Tammy works at a data entry company, and she loves to spoil her grandchildren.
 

Tell us about your current release.

 

Reflections came out a couple weeks ago. It’s the first book I wrote, almost twenty years ago. I recently rewrote and edited it to publish. It’s about a young girl growing up on a family farm in the 50’s and 60’s, and how her experiences mold her into the adult she becomes. Through good times and bad, she learns all about life. It’s a book about a more innocent and safer era, a time of great change, and a reminder of the lives we senior citizens experienced. It’s a book I’m proud of and hope readers will truly enjoy.

 

 
 
 
Four short stories that take place around different lighthouse stations. Experience drama, romance, and suspense as you devour Light of My Life, The Last Chance, Rock Island Light, and The Sloop.
 




Carol Carroll is a senior citizen in years, but she’s still very young at heart! She has a super husband who is also her best friend, two children, four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. Family comes first in her heart, the close and the extended.

She enjoys traveling, woodworking with husband, Marv, bicycle riding, and photography. She also loves to read and write books. She can get lost in the pages, see new places, meet new friends, and use her vivid imagination. What a ride! Right now she’s starting out on a brand new adventure. It’s called publishing.

 
 
And also find out more about her mystery novel, Inconclusive Death, HERE






Blog  |  Facebook  |  Twitter


 

 

No comments: