10 Things Readers Would Be Surprised to Know About Me
1. I write with a Nom de Plume. Hadena James is not my real name, but a twisted construct of it.
2. I really do speak English, German and Russian and I’m fluent in all of them. Although my German language skills are much stronger than my Russian and German is easier for me to speak.
3. My history degree is in 20th Century Military Conflicts, specifically World War II. One could argue that my degree is in German History and Russian History since I had to take culture classes in each of them for my history degree (and that is incidentally how I managed to learn both languages and get minors in them).
4. My upcoming novel, Tortured Dreams, is my 10th full novel written with the Cain characters, but only the first one I have been willing to publish.
5. The Life & Dysfunction of Nadine Daniels’ was written almost 13 years earlier. It was edited for the first time eight years ago. I chopped more out of it the day before I published because it was still 117,000 words.
6. I was offered a publishing contract 10 years or so ago for one of my Cain novels, but turned it down because I did not retain the rights to the characters.
7. I am incapable of writing a love scene. I am very good at lewd comments and vulgar jokes, but I can’t sit down and write a steamy scene. I consider it a weakness and have been working on a cure for the last 8 years.
8. Most of my rejected novels are because they do not have love scenes in them. Publishers and agents alike have been telling me for years that if I’d just “put in a sex scene or two” they would gladly publish.
9. I create flawed characters because I have an anxiety disorder (hence the Nom de Plume) and I feel they help people relate to their mentally ill friends and family.
10. The first story I ever wrote was a short story titled “How the Raccoon Got Its Mask” and was a fable… I was one month from being eight years old. My mother keeps it framed. It is one page long and is the only time in my life I had good handwriting.
Date Published: 1/13/12
Nadine Daniels’ life is a disaster. The security company that she owns is being sued, her mother is coming to visit for a week, and some unpleasant realities about her “charity” work are about to surface. She thought this was as bad as it could get, but she was wrong—dead wrong.
Someone believes she knows a secret – a secret worth killing for. With assassins tracking her every move, Nadine wishes the only thing she had to worry about was her mother pestering her to settle down with her suspected live-in boyfriend, Zeke, but she can’t think about the future when the present might end with her death.
Hadena James began writing at the age of eight. As a teenager, she had several short stories published in literary magazines. She completed writing her first novel at the age of 17. Hadena graduated from the University of Missouri with a degree in European History with minors in German and Russian studies. She has always wanted to be a writer so she also took several classes in creative writing.
Hadena’s primary literary genre is action/thriller. She currently writes two series, both use action/thriller. “The Brenna Strachan Series” uses fantasy and the “Dreams and Reality Series” uses murder mystery as its secondary genre. She continues to explore and expand her writing and hopes to soon produce a comedic action/thriller.
When she isn’t busy writing or running her business, Hadena enjoys playing in a steel-tip dart: league. She also loves to travel throughout North America and Europe. Her favorite cities are Chicago, Illinois and Berlin, Germany. She is an avid reader, reading everything from the classics like Jane Austen to modern writers like Terry Pratchett. One of her all-time favorite books is “Good Omens” by Neil Gaimen and Terry Pratchett. She writes all of her books while listening to music and the bands tend to get “honorable mentions” within the pages.
Virtual Book Tour February 25 - March 10
Follow the Tour!
February 25 - - Reading Addiction Blog Tours - Meet and Greet
February 26 - Waiting on Sunday to Drown - Review/Guest Post
February 28 - Book Reviews and More - Guest Post/PROMO
March 1 - Andi's Book Reviews - Interview/PROMO
March 2 - My Reading Addiction - PROMO
March 3 - Must Read Faster - Review/Guest Post
March 5 - Bless Their Hearts Mom - Review/GuestPost
March 6 - Queen of All She Reads - REview/Guest Post
March 7 - Laurie's Thoughts and Reviews - Interview/PROMO
March 8 - Gimme the Scoop - Guest Post/PROMO
March 8 - Uttley's Take - Guest Post/PROMO
March 9 -Cozie Corner - Review
March 10 - The Self Taught Cook - Review
Books and Needlepoint - Review