What are 10 weird things about you?
I love this question, because I think it’s important to embrace our inner weirdness. J
- I’m the only introvert in a family of full blown extraverts.
- The smell of peanut butter makes me queasy.
- I have an obsession with music. I own more than 500 vinyl albums, and lost count at 1,500 CDs.
- Despite having spent my entire life near the water, and having a pool in my back yard, I can only swim well enough to safe myself if I fall in the deep end.
- I love the sound of absolute silence.
- I was a hairstylist for 15 years, but rarely even as much as blow dry my own hair because I find it tedious. Fortunately, I have wavy/curly hair that doesn’t require much effort.
- I grew up in a haunted house.
- Before I sit down to write, I have to brush my teeth. It doesn’t matter what time of day or night, or how many times I’ve already brushed them.
- I’ve moved 15 times. The house I live in now is the longest I’ve been in one place since childhood.
- My music is arranged in alphabetical order by the artists’ first names, my collection of novels is arranged in alphabetical order by the author’s last names, and my nonfiction books are arranged by subject the way you’d find in a bookstore. I get really cranky if someone messes up the order.
Darcia Helle lives in a fictional world with a husband who is sometimes real. Their house is ruled by spoiled dogs and cats and the occasional dust bunny.
Suspense, random blood splatter and mismatched socks consume Darcia’s days. She writes because the characters trespassing through her mind leave her no alternative. Only then are the voices free to haunt someone else’s mind.
Join Darcia in her fictional world: http://www.QuietFuryBooks.com
The characters await you.
Author: Darcia Helle
Published: August 2012
Word Count: 81000
Content Warning: Some adult content and language not suitable for readers under 16.
Samantha’s monsters aren't under the bed; they’re the people she calls Mom and Dad.
She makes it out alive, her sanity barely intact.
She creates a new past that fools everyone, including herself.
A life filled with love and security teeters on its base of lies.
When it all comes crumbling down, will Samantha make it out alive?
Secrets by Darcia Helle Tour Schedule:
- March 11th – S.H. Roddey @ A Haunted Head (Interview)
- March 12th – Flora @ From the Bootheel Cotton Patch (Author Spotlight)
- March 12th – Laurie @ Laurie’s Non-Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews (Tens List)
- March 13th – Darlyn @ Darlyn & Books! (Book Review/Guest Post)
- March 14th – Elora, Marie & Layna @ Lunar Haven Reviews and Designs (Book Review/Interview)
- March 15th – Daniel @ Parenting 2.0 The Child’s Perspective (Spotlight)
- March 15th – A.G. Dow @ Juniper Grove (Book Review/Interview)
There is a tour wide giveaway
Prizes include the following print copies of Secrets
10 ecopies of Secrets in any format
Giveaway is worldwide.