Monday, March 25, 2013

Just for the Summer by Jenna Rutland: Character Interview

 







Character Interview with Dani Sullivan, heroine of JUST FOR THE SUMMER

  

Tell us about your family.
 
My year started out sad with the death of my mother. But as the saying goes, when one door closes, another opens. When I found out that my son, whom I had given up for adoption eight years ago, was living in the town of Lake Bliss, I had to see if he was living a happy life. The situation turned out so much better than I ever could have imagined. I now have three very special males in my life, Matt Reagan (my son’s adoptive father), Sam Reagan (my son), and Larry (the stray dog we found and claimed as ours). Life doesn’t get much better!

 

What is your favorite meal?
 
This is a tough one. When I came to Lake Bliss, I was working on my fourth cookbook. The sweet townspeople got quite excited about this and offered me many of their recipes to include in the book as well as title suggestions, which got pretty darn creative. So as not to hurt anyone’s feelings, I couldn’t possibly pick a favorite recipe. I’ll just say that the recipes shared by the people of Lake Bliss are all my favorites!

 

What are you passionate about these days?
 
Ha! This is an easy one. I’m passionate about a certain small town sheriff with sandy brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. I’m passionate about spending happy times with my son and seeing the love in his eyes directed at me. And I’m passionate about building lasting relationships with Rachel and Jack, people I met while in Lake Bliss whom I’m thrilled to call friends.

 

Morning person or night person?
 
Funny how things change. When I first came to Lake Bliss, I was the ultimate night person. I’d stay up until 3:00 in the morning working on my recipes. I thought mornings were hugely overrated. But since spending time here, I’m slowly becoming a morning person. Who would have thought!

 

What is the next big thing?
 
Rats! Wish I could share. I’ve been sworn to secrecy…for now!






 
About JUST FOR THE SUMMER:
His temptation. Her secret. Their summer.




Dani Sullivan has come to Lake Bliss to write her latest cookbook…and to see if the baby she gave up for adoption eight years ago is happy. When she’s done with her reconnaissance, she plans to return to Detroit without any doubts about past decisions. But when she sees her little boy—indeed happy despite living with his single dad—she finds she can’t keep her promise to stay away…from her son or from his flirtatious father, who has no idea of her true identity.

Recently divorced sheriff Matt Reagan is ready for a new relationship, but he doesn’t want short-term—his son needs permanence, and so does Matt’s heart. Unfortunately, it’s the smart-mouthed and sinfully sexy Ms. Sullivan who catches his eye. But when Matt learns Dani’s secrets, will he still want her to stay? Or will her chance for love last just for the summer?

Information:
Title: Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
Author: Jenna Rutland
Genre: Contemporary
Length: 131 pages
Release Date: March 2013
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-62266-878-6
Imprint: Bliss

Buy Links:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Just-Summer-Lake-Bliss-ebook/dp/B00BQMMT2I/
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/just-for-the-summer-jenna-rutland/1114794882
iBookstore:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/just-for-the-summer/id616370422?mt=11&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Books on Board: http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=viewbook&BOOK=1482155&TITLE=Just+for+the+Summer&AUTHOR=Jenna+Rutland
Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Just-for-the-Summer/book-JuJU3H8swkCiTdEjFDLEyg/page1.html
 
 








About Jenna Rutland:
 
 
Jenna Rutland lives in a small Michigan community with her husband, son and senior cat. Her daughter and son-in-law have recently given Jenna the awesome title of grandmother!

While her days are spent working as a medical transcriptionist, her nights are filled writing contemporary romance--stories of love, laughter and happily ever after. Guess which occupation is more fun?

She is a member of RWA and is active in her local chapter. After several years on the MVRWA board, she now chairs the group's annual fall brainstorming weekend as well as acts as food coordinator for several other events.

Jenna takes pleasure in spending time with her family. She also enjoys reading, gardening and loves the challenge of a new recipe.

Jenna welcomes the chance to connect with writers and readers. Visit her at www.jennarutland.com.


 
 

March 25 – Laurie’s Thoughts & Reviews
March 27 – Book Ramblings
April 02 – Book Sniffers Anonymous
April 04 – Coffee & A Book Anytime
April 05 – I Heart Big Books
April 08 – Truly Simply Pink
April 08 – HEA Romances with a Little Kick
April 09 – Manga Maniac Cafe
April 09 – HEA Romances with a Little Kick
April 10 – Whispers at Moonlight
April 11 – Shortie Says
April 15 – Books and Needlepoint
April 17 – Book Reviews and More
April 18 – The Bookish Babe
April 19 – Hobbitsies
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Mia Lansford said...

Happy Release Day! Hope you are enjoying the fun of a first book being published. Just for the Summer sounds like a perfect read for me. I plan on marking it on goodreads as a tbr. Good luck with the series, I hope your tour is a success.

Lori

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hi, Jenna! So nice to meet Dani!

Misty Dietz said...

Wow, totally fun and original story concept, Jenna! Have fun on your tour and best wishes for many sales! :)

Jenna Rutland said...

Mia - Yes, I am having fun. It's a dream realized! Hope you enjoy it!

Jennifer - I think you'd like Dani. She's got a good sense of humor just like you!

Misty - Thanks so much for the best wishes.

I appreciate you ladies stopping by on my first blog tour!!

Amy said...

Congrats on your release, Jena! I look forward to reading this! It is next on my list. :)

Jenna Rutland said...

Thank you, Amy. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.

Jenna Rutland said...

Thanks so much for having me today, Laurie!

i*Heart*BigBooks said...

Great tour stop!! I love getting to know Dani more!

P.S. My blog URL has changed to http://www.iheartbigbooks.com =)