Thursday, March 14, 2013

Crashers by Lindy S. Hudis: Interview: Sizzling PR Tour Stop


 







How did you start your writing career?

By accident, really. I was pregnant with my daughter, so I was home alone quite a bit. I always loved to read, and I had this fantasy about writing. So, to pass the time, I sat down at the computer and it just came out of me. I mostly did it to alleviate the boredom of being home by myself. Then, the next thing I knew I had about two-hundred pages. To make a long story short, I put a query letter together, thought “what the heck” and started submitting it. I could wallpaper my house with all the rejection letters, but I eventually found a publisher, and there you go.
 
 
Tell us about your current release.

“Crashers” is a work of crime fiction about a trio of young people who get caught up in the seedy world of auto insurance fraud by staging car accidents.

“Weekends” is a romance/suspense about a family who gathers at a beautiful beach resort for the weekend while a deranged killer is on the loose.

“The S & M Club” is an erotic short story anthology about a beautiful lesbian couple who experience the pleasures and forbidden world of bondage. 


Has someone helped or mentored you in your writing career?

My father-in-law is Norman Hudis, who wrote for a number of television shows back in the 60’s and 70’s. He has always been an inspiration to me, and was the one who encouraged me to pursue writing. I was very nervous about him seeing my manuscript for the first time, as he is this successful writer, but he really liked what I had and encouraged me to keep on writing,


What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

My husband works in the movie business, so he is very supportive of any artistic endeavors.  He is a stuntman, he crashes cars and jumps off buildings for a living, so writing is pretty tame to him. He and I are working on producing a movie right now. We have an independent film production company called Impact Motion Pictures, and we are in the process of producing our first feature film titled “SkateGod”. Here is a link to the Daily Variety:



 
When's the last time you played that musical instrument?

Last week I was trying to teach my son how to play the piano. I played “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Miserables, not very well, I may add. We are Les Mis crazy in this house. When the kids are old enough, we hope to be able to take them to see a production of it, they are both crazy about the music.


New York or LA? Why?

Went to school in one (NYU) currently live in the other (LA) and I love both, having lived in both cities I feel truly blessed. They are both huge and wonderful. I do miss NYC quite a bit, though, there is an energy there, but LA has its own special energy. I couldn’t live anywhere else. The traffic in LA is a bit much, though….pretty brutal!


Do you have a Website or Blog?

Website:

www.CrashersBook.com

www.ImpactMotionPictures.com

I am also on Facebook and Twitter.


 Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Yes, thank you for reading my book, seriously though – I love books and know the feeling of getting lost in that world. I want to thank my readers for enjoying my creativity and work. If my work can make somebody feel inspired, make them think, or just ease the boredom on a plane ride, then I have done my job. 





It may not be armed robbery, but the illegal business of fraudulent car accidents is a multi-million dollar racket, involving unscrupulous medical providers, personal injury attorneys, and the cooperating passengers involved in the accidents and who also receive a portion of the illegal proceeds. What makes good people turn to crime—any type of crime? Newly engaged, Nathan and Shari are blissfully happy—but their joy is tempered by the dark cloud of mounting debt. They know it’s just a matter of time until an avalanche of bills buries them—and their future along with it. A chance encounter with a stranger in whom Shari confides her troubles, proves fortuitous: he tells her of a get-rich-quick scheme that will put her and her fiancé on easy street. Seduced by the chance to move from hard times to good times in no time, she takes the carrot offered her, and finds herself acting as a “stuffed passenger”—the “victim” in a staged auto accident. The act goes according to plan and Shari gets her payday. She goes back for more—again and again, eventually becoming trapped in a dark and dangerous underworld, dragging her fiancé with her. Getting out and breaking free will take nothing short of a miracle. A modern day cautionary tale, Crashers is a fascinating study in the derailing of a young couple’s moral compass.
 




 

 Lindy S.Hudis is a graduate of New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts, where she studied drama. She is a former actress, having appeared on such television shows as “Sunset Beach” and “Married with Children”. Her romantic murder mystery, Weekends, is currently available from Lachesis Publishing. She is also a filmmaker, her independent short film “The Lesson”, which she wrote, produced and directed, screened at the Seattle Underground Film Festival. She is co-owner of an independent production company called Impact Motion Pictures. She and her husband Steve, a Hollywood stuntman, have just completed the screenplay adaptation of Charmaine Hammond’s best selling book, “On Toby’s Terms.”  She lives in California with her family.

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Post a Comment