Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Birds of a Feather by Kara Stefanowich: Interview: Orangeberry Tour Stop

 


 

What’s your favorite place in the entire world? I can only answer that question after being to every land in the world, but I have yet to travel the 4 corners of the world. So in the meantime, I would have to say Orlando, Florida. It’s absolutely beautiful there, not to mention clean and organized. I love the way the neighborhoods are organized. It makes it much easier to find things. I also love the cleanliness of the city. There’s hardly any pollution and the streets are so flat and straight. I also love that there are fruits and flowers growing everywhere. It’s heavenly. 

What is your favorite food? My favorite foods are typically anything you can find in the garden mixed with chicken or pasta. 

What is your favorite color? My favorite color is red. I am also quite fond of many shades of green. 

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? I’ve always had a vivid imagination. As a child I didn’t speak much. I was mostly told to be quiet, so I did. When I was ‘hushed’ my mind wandered. It’s amazing what you can learn when you listen and observe more than you speak. So I began to write, since I couldn’t speak. And the stories flowed. I was given a challenge in 6’th grade to write a story. It was the best thing the teacher could have asked of me. As a result, I won the Young Author’s Award for my district. From there, I simply never stopped.

When and why did you begin writing? I believe the first novel I wrote was in 2000. Though, I’ve yet to publish that one. It was my first, a time killer. I had become a new single mom that year and had little to do during nap time. I truly believe that story will be a best seller when I finish it.

What do you consider the most challenging about writing a novel, or about writing in general? The most difficult challenges of writing would be finding the time. I work two other jobs and I’m a single mom, so finding some quiet time to get these stories out of my head is quite the task. But that’s really the only battle I’ve had with it.

Did writing this book teach you anything and what was it? I did learn quite a bit from writing this book. I don’t use nearly enough comma’s. My editor would agree, loudly. Apart from that, the entire process is very much a learning experience for me. There are many aspects to putting out a book that didn’t really occur to me before. It’s mostly about marketing, timing and genre. So while I think it’s all about the story, the publishers think it’s all about the readers. I suppose it can’t hurt to say, we’re both right.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? I think as the story progressed I felt that the ultimate moral of the story was never to lose hope. Even the darkest waters can wash clean given enough time and the proper filtration.

Can we expect any more books from you in the future? I will definitely have more books for you all in the future. Some will be novels, some short stories, maybe even some poetry. Be on the lookout.

Have you started another book yet? I have several other books in the works at the moment. One book is called ‘Hostage’ which is a Paranormal Romance about the trials and tribulations of vampires mixed with the world of music (heavy metal) in a cold, unforgiving world.

Another book I’m working on is a Suspenseful Thriller called ‘Tag’ about tag team serial killers who go from working together to being rivals in a small unsuspecting town.

So there are more novels to come, for sure. 



 

Kara Stefanowich grew up the old country way. She walked 25 miles to school in 10 feet of fresh snow bare foot. Well, not really. But close. She grew up on a mountain in Northern Maine on a farm in a cabin with no electricity and no running water. Growing up the old fashioned way, with no TV and lots of work to do on the farms, her imagination ran wild.

Once she moved to the city she soon missed her roots and remembered the stories she'd thought of over the many years of her old country life. So she put paper to the type writer and began her first novel. After writing several novels and hiding them under her mattress she soon discovered Twitter! The magical and magnetic twitter fascinated her and gave her the tools and freedom to join minds with other great writers/thinkers. From there came the first of her published works, 'Birds of a Feather'.

May the pen (or the keyboard) know no bounds!

Connect with Kara at any of the following:


 


 
 
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Suspense / Thriller
Rating – R

When Shiloh Lashley, an International Assassin, breaks all the rules and falls in love with Monty Wright, her latest target, she finds herself in a conspiracy with her own name on the hit list -- and a deep, dark secret surfacing in the fight to save her love, her life and a past she's hidden for so long.

Birds of a Feather is a sexy tail spin of murder, money and conspiracy that gets blown to bits when Monty Wright and Shiloh Lashley are both hired by opposing agencies to kill each other. When the assassins finally meet the sparks fly, along with a hail of bullets which lead them straight into each others arms. But when their agencies discover their affair, cities crumble and a barrage of car chases, explosions and gun fights stalk the lovers around the globe, from Berlin, Germany to Tijuana, Mexico. Even as their affair blossoms, the shock still grips the pair as there are secrets a plenty in the world of spies and contract killers.

Can their love withstand the smoke of gunfire, or will their secrets tear them apart and take their lives?
 

 
 
 
7th March – Book Review & Book Feature at The Reading Cat
8th March – Book Review & Book Feature at Books & More Books
9th March – Book Feature at Books Are Magic
10th March – Author Interview & Book Feature at The Next Big Thing
11th March – Book Review & Book Feature at Author’s Friend
12th March – Author Interview at Bits & Bobs
 
 
 




No comments: