Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski: Interview: PUYB Tour Stop

 




 

Does travel play in the writing of your books?

Travel did play a major role in my book as the characters are situated in different places in different dimensions.  Some locations that I write about are ones that I have been to, as Washington DC and Krakow, and others are ones I would like to visit, as London and New Orleans.

 

Tell us about your family.

I come from a very close-knit Polish family and my parents always stressed the importance of education among my sister, my brothers, and me.  Thus, it came naturally to write a heroine with a similar background.

 

    What book are you reading now?

I am now reading The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene, the famed theoretical physicist at Columbia University, which includes discussions about real theories concerning the multiverse and multiple dimensions within a universe.  It was recommended to me by astrophysicist Dr. Charles Bailyn from Yale University whom I interviewed for my book page.  I also hope to interview several  other real physicists for my page but it is very difficult to find scientists who want to bother with my silly little book, making me all the more grateful to those who do.  Same goes for finding bloggers to review my book :)

 

 Beatles or Monkees? Why?

The Monkees -- always liked their show and Davy Jones was just too cute!  Also, I've thought that they were way underrated and I tend to root for the underdog ;)

 

How do you react to a bad review of your book?
I try to learn from my bad reviews and improve my writing accordingly.  I did receive some mediocre reviews but was taken aback not too long ago from receiving a really bad one.  I must admit that it took me a few days to recover.  But I am also fortunate in having very supportive family and friends who helped me through it and also felt a lot better when I received an excellent review the following week ;)

 

 As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

As a child, I have dreamed about being a scientist and as a statistical analyst in a major academic center, I collaborate with medical researchers in several disciplines so in that aspect, my dream did come true!  And that is also why my protagonist is a scientist :)

 

    What is the next big thing?

Now that the Twilight craze is almost over, physicists will trump vampires in terms of popularity or so I hope for the same of my book J

 

Irene Helenowski is statistical analyst collaborating with several biomedical researchers who lives and works in Chicago. She recently received her doctorate degree in Biostatistics from the University of Illinois - Chicago. Her interests include attending art exhibits and music concerts of all types, reading about current scientific advances and theory, and creative writing. She is also looking into foundations which help promote the sciences to youth groups.

 

 




When Jane Kremowski first began her graduate studies in physics at Madison State University in Wisconsin, little did she know where her work would take her. Now, she is embroiled in a multitude of dimensions all leading to different outcomes. She and her colleagues therefore must act wisely in order to take and keep away the Order of Dimension from falling into the wrong hands for the sake of her loved ones.

 

Order of the Dimensions Virtual Book Publicity Tour Schedule

Monday, January 7
Guest blogging at Monique Morgan

Tuesday, January 8
Interviewed at Examiner

Wednesday, January 9
Interviewed at Literal Exposure

Thursday, January 10
Guest blogging at Allvoices

Friday, January 11

Monday, January 14
Interviewed at Digital Journal

Tuesday, January 15
Guest blogging at My Devotional Thoughts

Thursday, January 17
Book Reviewed at Books, Books, and More Books

Friday, January 18
Interviewed at Review From Here

Tuesday, January 22
Book reviewed at Mary’s Cup of Tea

Wednesday, January 23

Thursday, January 24
Book reviewed at Blooming with Books

Friday, January 25
Book reviewed at Review From Here 


 

1 comment:

M. R. Cornelius said...

Hi Laurie,
Testing your advice. :)