What Ten Things Do I Most Enjoy In Life?
By JB Miller
1. I love to write. When I write, I literally become the characters and see their story unfolding right before my eyes. I know how they move, all that they think and what they dream of. It is intoxicating for me.
2. I love movement, as it sparks the creative side of my brain. I run 5-6 days a week, which is when I work out many pages of my books.
3. I love to drive by myself without the radio on. Usually at the end of a long drive my voice memo file is full as many good ideas come to me when I am in motion.
4. I love M&M’s because they taste good and give me a little energy later in the day. I try to limit myself, although I am not always successful.
5. I absolutely adore a cozy fire, especially when I am reading or writing a good book!
6. I love to visit with people and learn about their journeys. I am open to everyone’s walk in life and find that each person on this earth has something unique to offer the world.
7. I love to wander around very old buildings and imagine the lives of people who have visited them before me. In San Francisco there is a small Swedish Swedenborgian Church that opened its doors in 1895. The interior has changed little from its time of construction. I am working on a story now that has something to do with that church.
8. I love to sit in an outdoor hot tub at night. That may sound very San Francisco to you. Regardless, it is the best form of instant relaxation I have ever come across. The full body warmth combined with a dark sky and a few shooting stars, makes for a perfect setting to unwind.
9. I love going to bookstores and choosing whatever strikes my fancy. I buy a cup of decaf coffee, sit amongst the stacks and read a chapter or three. This method of free association has helped me solve many scenes in my stories.
10. I love to laugh out loud. There is nothing more liberating than laughter. All of one’s worries are swept away in that moment of abandonment.
No Time For Love
J.B. Miller is a published author of fiction, non-fiction, award-winning poetry, music, and numerous articles and blogs. No Time For Love is her first novel. She resides in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and three children.
Visit her blog at http://notimeforlovebyjbmiller.wordpress.com.
The No Time for Love Tour Page:
Next Few Stops
Thursday, January 3
Interview at Books Books the Magical Fruit
Friday, January 4
Interview at Broowaha
Tuesday, January 8
Book Review & Interview at My Life. One Story at a Time.
Wednesday, January 9
Interview at Blogcritics
Thursday, January 10
Character Dear Reader Post at Literarily Speaking
Godiva Chocolate & Paperback Copy of No Time for Love Giveaway: