Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cityglitter by Carla Caruso: Character Interview, Excerpt:Sizzling PR Tour Stop

 






CHARACTER INTERVIEW WITH CHRISTELLE PANACHE – HEROINE FROM CITYGLITTER BY CARLA CARUSO (PENGUIN’S DESTINY ROMANCE) http://www.destinyromance.com/



Hello Christelle. This is such a treat, thanks for coming today.  It will be fun to find out more about you.  Where do you dream of traveling to and why? The Big Apple. It’s where my gorgeous new boss, Jasper Lezark, was recently based. He’s all-human unlike me (I’m half-fairy). He runs the international lighting company I work for. He’s a total charmer and very handsome.


Who is your favorite author?
I’m sure Carla Caruso would like me to say her, seeing as I whispered the story of Cityglitter to her and she banged a bit on the keyboard and made it come to life. But it would really be J.M. Barrie behind Peter Pan, which featured, Tinker Bell, of course!

 

Tell us about your family. My younger sister, Trixie, is ginger-haired, hapless and naïve. She’s from the fairy island and caused a few headaches when she first came to visit me in the big city. My mum? She could double as Goldie Hawn in looks and is a bit bossy. My dad’s human and hasn’t really been involved in my life until... well, you’re just going to have to read the book to find out! J 


What was the scariest moment of your life?
Revealing my wings for the first time to an all-human love interest of mine. It’s something I’ve never done before and was very terrifying. You’ll have to read the book to find out if he can accept me for who I am!
 

What book are you reading now? I’ve just finished reading fashion PR Roxy Jacenko’s novel, Strictly Confidential, which lifts the lid on the glam, A-list celebrity world. It’s for fans of trashy mags and Perez Hilton. Woo! Though, I’ve got to say, the PR world is even stranger than the fairy one…
 

What are your favorite TV shows? Melrose Place – the nineties version – is an all-time fave! Though, when my little sister, Trixie, got hold of my old DVDs, it was a bit of a problem. I didn’t want her thinking back-stabbing and bed-hopping was the norm in the big city!
 

What is your favorite meal? I’m a total sweet tooth – us fairies all are! Try as we might to eat all the lobster and caviar offered to us by wannabe suitors, it’s the dessert buffet all the way… anything sweet will do it!

 
Do you have a favorite quote, quip, or saying? What is it? “Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” (Particularly the magic bit if you’re a fairy!)



 

Carla Caruso grew up amid a boisterous extended Italian family in Australia – yet somehow managed to become a bookworm...
Carla always wanted to be a novelist, annoying the kindergarten teachers by dictating long, detailed stories to them.  It just took her a while to realize her childhood dream - journalism seemed a more practical course. Her media career has included stints as a newspaper and magazine journalist, government PR and fashion stylist. These days, she works as a freelance journalist and copywriter. She began seriously writing fiction three years ago when she went freelance full-time.
The romance genre appeals as she is a sucker for rom-coms (especially if Channing Tatum is in the mix) and likes to think her Italian ancestry means she lives with passion. Hobbies include watching trashy TV shows, fashion, astrology and running.
 
 


 
 

Christelle is like any other 20-something living in Sydney, Australia – except for one huge secret. She enjoys cocktails with girlfriends, luxury brand launches, gossip and shopping. For an added touch of spice, there’s also the sizzling connection with her new boss, the gorgeous Jasper.
Then Christelle’s younger sister, the hapless and naïve Trixie Fifi Panache, arrives unannounced, and things begin to fall apart. Not only does Christelle have to deal with her sister’s exploits and embarrassing mistakes, but she also has to live with the fear that her escapades will reveal the truth: Christelle and Trixie are half fairy, half human, and hidden beneath their clothes are a pair of gorgeous wings. To make matters worse, Christelle has fallen for Jasper, but knows that taking the relationship any further threatens exposure. And no love could survive that, could it?
Cityglitter is a charming, magical romance that leaves in its wake a glitter of fairy dust. With inner-city fabulousness and sophistication, this fun celebration of love will add more than a touch of sparkle to your life.
 
 
 
 

I look back at Mr Butterscotch Eyes, who looks a little bemused. Perhaps it’s my seven-second delay to his greeting. I think fast.
‘Hello again!’ I gush, like we’re long-lost friends, not virtual strangers.
Without thinking, I stand up on tippy-toe, leaning forward, intending to air kiss his cheek. Somehow, like a paperclip drawn to a magnet, I’m pulled askew, my lips brushing his.
The effect on my body is like switching on an electrical grid, as every pore starts to buzz. His lips, so soft, moist, kissable; his musky scent, spinning a web around me; my body, pinging like a microwave with his strong physique mere centimetres away.
Suddenly, though, the sensual warmth, the heavenly breath, has been pried away and my lips are cold, bare. I flutter my eyelids open, honing in on his gaze, detecting a flicker of something in those liquid gold-like orbs before it dies.
He clears his throat, playing with a tortoiseshell cufflink. ‘That’s certainly not the kind of greeting I’m used to – especially from someone I barely know.’


 

 
 
Next Few Stops
 
January
 
9 – Guest Blog @ Bookin’ It

10 – Guest Blog @ Ramblings from this Chick

11 – Guest Blog @ From the Bootheel Cotton Patch

14 – Spotlight @ Celtic Lady Reviews

15 – Spotlight @ New Age Mama

15 – Interview @ Krista Ames


 

No comments: