Genre: Historical Romance
Formats: Trade Paperback/All eBook types
Berkley Sensation / Penguin US
From Genevieve Graham, author of Under the Same Sky, comes a sweeping romantic historical novel of one man’s strange gift and dangerous battles…
Dougal MacDonnell, a fierce warrior from the Highlands of Scotland, is able to hear the thoughts of other men and dream how the future will unfold. Devastated by the loss of his family during the Battle of Culloden in 1746, he fosters a deep hatred for the English. But when Glenna, the love of his life and a Scottish outlaw, is captured and shipped overseas, Dougal is forced to join an English army made of vanquished Scots. Now fighting on the side of his sworn enemies, he embarks on a journey that will take him across the seas to the colonies. There he will risk everything for the chance to find his true love.
What 10 things do you most enjoy?
10. wandering for hours through a bookstore with no other demands on my time
9. sitting in front of a snapping fireplace, hot chocolate & peppermint schnapps in one hand, good book in the other
8. going to movies in a big theatre
7. falling asleep with my dog curled up and squeezed in tight beside me
6. reading poolside
5. standing outside when it's really, really windy, just waiting for the storm
4. Watching my husband cook after he's brought me a glass and told me to stay put.
3. Writing. Writing, writing, writing.
2. listening to my daughters' sing. They're so good!
1. Laughing about something stupid with my family until we're crying
Genevieve Graham graduated from the
in 1986 with a Bachelor of Music in Performance (playing oboe). While on a ski vacation in University of Toronto she met a really cute guy in the chairlift line-up and they skied together for two days. After the second day she decided she had to have him ... permanently. The couple (now husband & wife) subsequently moved to Alberta and brought two beautiful and talented daughters into the world. They have recently settled in a small, peaceful town in Calgary and are loving their quiet life. Nova Scotia
Writing became an essential part of Genevieve's life a few years ago, when she began to write her debut novel, "Under the Same Sky". Her second book, "Sound of the Heart" was released on May 1, 2012.
Learn more about Genevieve at: http://www.genevievegraham.com.
Next Few Stops
Dec 2 - Laurie's Non-Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews/Top Ten List
Dec 2 - A Novel Idea LIVE/live interview
Dec 3 - A Novel Idea LIVE/guest post
Dec 3 - Romance Meets Life/author and book spotlights
Dec 5 - My Devotional Thoughts/review and guest post
Dec 7 - A Writer's Life/interview
$35 Amazon Gift Card